‘Thor’ 2: The Dark World Retailers Giving Exclusive Deals 3D and Blu-Ray Combos Offered
By Sachin Trivedi | February 25, 2014 3:37 PM EST
Fans of the popular movie "Thor" 2: The Dark World can now choose from exclusive content offers by select retailers. The exclusive deals, listed by Marvel, include 3D combo packs and Blu-Ray discs.
The select retailers offering exclusive content along with the 3D combo and Blu-Ray discs include Amazon, Target, Best Buy, iTunes and Walmart. Each retailer is offering something extra and exclusive like behind the scenes clips, access to Marvel comics and a collectible steel book case.
Amazon is offering exclusive access to some behind the scene action on Amazon Instant Video. The scenes are from around the globe of Marvel Studios and the VFX team involved in the making of "Thor" 2: The Dark World.
Target is offering exclusive Loki O-Sleeve and one month access to Marvel Unlimited, which includes over 13,000 Marvel Digital Comics for the purchase of "Thor" 2: The Dark World 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack.
Walmart is offering exclusive access to the bonus content "Loki: The God of Mischief" through VUDU. It also includes a behind the scenes look at Tom Hiddleston's appearance from Hall H at Comic-Con International 2013.
Best Buy is offering a limited edition collectible steel book case with the purchase of the 3D Blu-Ray combo pack. iTunes is offering an in depth look at the history of the villain Algrim the kursed and the Dark Elves.
Fans may have a difficult time to choose among the retailers and the exclusive offerings each retailer provides. Some fans are already not happy that a DVD and Blu-Ray combo is not being offered.
"Thor" 2: The Dark World was first released on November 8 2013 in the U.S. The movie was made with an estimated budget of $170 million. The opening weekend saw a gross collection of over $85 million at the box office in the U.S.
The movies received good response at the box office, collecting over $205 million gross in the U.S and over $479 million from the International market. Marvel is reportedly working on a third instalment of the movie.
Meanwhile the character "Thor" returns to fight a new enemy alongside "The Avengers." The group of super heroes include Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, agent Natasha Romanoff and Hawkeye.
More Articles to Read
'The Avengers' Age of Ultron Production Update and Release Date [Read]
'Lego Movie' Beats 'Pompeii' at the Box Office Is the Family Movie Preferred Over the Action Flicks? [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon