Ajith-Gautham Menon Film to Release in September?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 25, 2014 3:27 PM EST
Ajith-Gautham Menon's new film is yet to kick-off, but the buzz surrounding the film's release date has already started doing the rounds. [Also Read: Ajith's "Veeram", Vijay's "Jilla" to Complete 50 Days]
According to a report in Cinemalead, the Ajith-Gautham Menon film will be a quickie and will be completed within five months. The film is likely to get released in the month of September. However, there is no official confirmation on the same.
Gautham has reportedly readied a full bounded script and has also got approval from the concerned people. "#Thala55 Update - Finally things r falling in place. @menongautham script approved by all concerned, casting & logistics being worked out," entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai tweeted.
Ajith is said to be working hard in the gym to sport a slim, stylish look required for the film. Details about the film's cast and other crew members are yet to be revealed. Earlier, Anushka was reported to play the female lead for Ajith but later speculations were rife that the actress will not be part of the project. As of now, it is not clear whether Anushka will be cast in the Gautham Menon directorial.
An official announcement on the film's female lead and other crew members are expected to be made soon.
The film is not yet titled, but is tentatively called as "Thala 55" as it is Ajith's 55th film. This will be the first time that the actor will be teaming up with Gautham, who is known for several critically-acclaimed films such as "Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu", "Khakka khakka", "Vaaranam Aayiram" and "Vinnaithandi Varuvaya" among others.
Music has been a major aspect in all Gautham's films and songs in his films have turned out to be chartbusters. While the director has worked with the likes of Harrish Jeyaraj, AR Rahman and Ilayaraja in his earlier releases, he will reportedly team up with the youngest hit machine of Kollywood - composer Anirudh - for Ajith's film.
The untitled flick, which is produced by AM Ratnam, is expected to go on floors in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up