'The Voice' New Judge: Jewel To Replace Cee Lo Green in Season 7?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 25, 2014 3:22 PM EST
"The Voice" judge Cee Lo Green shocked the fans of the reality TV singing competition when he announced that his appearance in "The Voice Season 5" was the last time for him to sit in the red swiveling chair. Who will be the replacement judge? Reports claim producers are eyeing on music artist Jewel.
Singer Jewel and husband, rodeo rider Ty Murray, arrive at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California, February 13, 2011.
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Fruitvale Station' Actor Michael B. Jordan Talked To Director Zack Snyder For a Role in Movie Sequel?
'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9 Spoilers: More Scenes to Show Younger Versions of Ted's Kids Penny and Luke with The Mother, Jason Segel Wraps Up Filming Finale Scenes
On Tuesday, February 18, the "Forget You" singer confirmed his exit from "The Voice" on Ellen DeGeneres' show. Mr Green explained to the TV host: "I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC. I have a television show development deal with them as well, and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year. But yeah, I'm going to miss The Voice too. So I'm not coming back, guys... I don't want to wear out my welcome there. I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven't released an album in four years. I'm almost done with my album."
"The Voice" returned to NBC on Monday night, February 24, with the brand new Season 6 and singers Usher and Shakira as the judges replacing Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera. An anonymous insider tipped that the TV show has a back up if Usher and Shakira declined the offer to be the new judge.
"If Usher and or Shakira can't do it then the first person on the wish list is Jewel," the source exclusively told Hollywood Life. When E!News asked Jewel on who she thinks the best replacement judge is, the 39-year-old singer and songwriter answered it is probably her.
"You know, that's the best person I can think of," Jewel stated while at the Swiffer Sweep and Trap event in New York City. She further added: "I always loved Cee Lo. He has such a fun and warm personality to have on the show and I loved his musical choices. I liked that he has sort of this punk rock attitude. He just wants something real, whoever you are."
Jewel appears to be an interesting replacement judge since she does have judging experience during her stint on "The Sing-Off," another Mark Burnett production that airs on NBC. The other reality singing competitions that Jewel worked in the past included "Nashville Star" and "Platinum Hit."
"I love The Voice. I got to be a mentor on The Voice and I really like what they do. I really like that the talent gets to be mentored. If all it took was being a great singer, then there would be so many more celebrities from these shows. But there are not very many 'cause it takes a lot more than being a great singer," Jewel shared.
"The Voice" Season 6 kicked off with judges Adam Levine, Shakira, Blake Shelton and Usher on Monday night, February 24, at 8 pm on NBC.
More Articles to Read:
'The Voice' U.S. Season 6 (2014): Coach Cee Lo Green Announces Shocking Exit Ahead of Feb.24 Premiere of the Show-Details - [READ]
Tessanne Chin: 'The Voice' Season 5 Winner Signs New Deal With ICM Partners - [READ]
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Spoilers, First Look: Airdate, Judges, Mentors, Auditions; Everything to Know Ahead of Show's Premiere [VIDEOS] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report