Xbox One 'Titanfall' Console Bundle and More Games Coming, While Console Price Cuts Not Happening Outside the UK
By Gel Galang | February 25, 2014 2:50 PM EST
For those who haven't gotten their Xbox One consoles yet, here's some good news. Another official Xbox One bundle is coming, this time putting "Titanfall" as the bundled game with the console.
It does pay sometimes to wait it out for the good things to come, but this doesn't sound as good for those who went through lengths to be the first to get their hands on the Xbox One way back in November.
*An update on "Plants vs.Zombies: Garden Warfare" reveals that it won't have offline play, not even the single-player mode: Read the details here.
Microsoft has also released a statement wherein the price of the "Titanfall" Xbox One bundle has been tagged at $499.99. The Xbox One "Titanfall" bundle will hit the UK first alongside the price cut on Feb 28 with a download code provided until supplies last.
The bundle includes the Xbox One console and a wireless controller in standard black colour, a month's worth of Xbox Live Gold, the Xbox One headset and a "Titanfall" download code.
"If you've been waiting for the biggest game of the generation before purchasing your Xbox One, this special, limited time offer is perfect for you," said Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer at Microsoft, in a press statement.
This bodes well perhaps to boost the sales of the Xbox One, but in terms of giving very loyal fans the cream of the crop offers, it surely feels like a rip-off for those who had to pay pretty much the same price for just the standard Xbox One console.
UK Price Cut Limited to the Territory?
Speaking of the price cut, which is coming on Feb 28 and will become permanent despite the limited availability of the "Titanfall" tag-along freebie, it seems that despite the price cut, the PS4 is still on a cheaper scale by £50, according to Metro.
The report suggests one interesting factor---that being the UK as the Xbox 360's biggest market and has now potentially shifted to a PS4 patronage. This is why one of the speculations for the price cut in the UK is to keep its customers interested in Microsoft's next-gen console. Harvey Eagle, the UK marketing director, has given his comments regarding the matter.
"We look at it and ask, 'How can we offer the best value in this country?' I'm responsible for the UK so I look at the UK and say, 'How do we get the best value into the market for our fans?' And we just feel now is the right time to make the adjustment on the price point," said Mr Eagle in an interview with Metro. "With Titanfall coming, it just seems like the perfect time to do that."
*"Twitch Plays Pokemon" is fast becoming a trend among Twitch users, Pokemon fans and the Internet population in general: Here's why.
Despite this, however, Mr Eagle believes that the price cut is no way an admission that the PS4 is doing better than the Xbox One in the UK nor does it dampen the belief that the Xbox One is the most successful launch in the UK to date for Microsoft's console.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate