'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: 'Fruitvale Station' Actor Michael B. Jordan Talked To Director Zack Snyder For a Role in Movie Sequel?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 25, 2014 2:16 PM EST
The team behind the "Man of Steel 2" is reportedly looking for an actor to be added to the cast and portray a recurring character for the other upcoming DC superhero films. The circulating casting rumours suggest "Fruitvale Station" actor Michael B. Jordan is being considered for the role after having a talk with "Man of Steel 2" director Zack Snyder.
According to the unnamed sources in the Latino Review report, the movie producers are searching for a physically fit black actor in his early 20s to portray a role in the film. "Here is the kicker though: the part is for a small role in the untitled Batman Vs Superman movie BUT will be recurring in other upcoming DCU films," the report further claimed.
The Enstars report claims Michael B. Jordan had the meeting with the film director to talk about the role and potentially sign up for the movie sequel project. The reported recurring role in the "Man of Steel 2" film also suggests it is an important one and the character's appearance in the movie sequel could launch the DC Comics universe in films.
The casting reports did not reveal which character Michael B. Jordan will portray in the film if he gets officially cast but the DC characters speculated to appear in "Man of Steel 2" included Dick Grayson/Robin, John Stewart/Green Lantern and the one standing out the most from fan comments, Victor Stone or also known as Cyborg.
However, Michael B. Jordan could be facing work schedule conflicts with the "Man of Steel 2" production due to his commitments to Marvel's "The Fantastic Four" where he is set to portray Johnny Storm/Human Torch. The filming schedule for "Man of Steel 2" has been set to kick off in March 2014 as the producers continue to fill up the characters casting list.
British actor Henry Cavill reprises his Superman role as well as co-stars Amy Adams who portrays Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White and Diane Lane as Martha Kent. New faces to join the "Man of Steel 2" cast include Ben Affleck who will portray Bruce Wayne/Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as the butler Alfred Pennyworth.
"Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" flick is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Jesse Eisenberg To Portray Superman's Archenemy Lex Luthor - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Costumes Reveal Pushed Back To March? Seth Green Expressed Disappointment on Casting Ben Affleck as Batman in Movie Sequel - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James