Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid President Says He Will ‘Never’ Sell Striker, Cautions Blues and Arsenal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 25, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Chelsea and Arsenal are cautioned by Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo that Los Rojiblancos striker Diego Costa will not leave the club this coming summer.
Costa is not for sale, insists Atletico president Cerezo
The Blues and the Gunners, who are looking to sign a world-class forward to beef up their respective frontline, have been heavily linked with the 25-year-old, but the Atletico chief believes that he will be able to keep Costa for another season.
"I do not think Diego Costa will leave us at the end of the coming year," Cerezo told The Express.
The former Valladolid man has been rumoured to form part of a player-plus-cash swoop, with Chelsea's on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois as his counterpart, but Cerezo belied such possibility.
"Unquestionably, we do not want to sell him or use him as a bargaining chip for another player," he disclosed.
"We will never sell, but that won't stop teams coming in for our players."
Costa is suggested to have a £32million release clause, which, if met by interested clubs, will require Atletico to allow their prized-possession to hold possible transfer talks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air