Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid President Says He Will ‘Never’ Sell Striker, Cautions Blues and Arsenal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 25, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Chelsea and Arsenal are cautioned by Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo that Los Rojiblancos striker Diego Costa will not leave the club this coming summer.
Costa is not for sale, insists Atletico president Cerezo
The Blues and the Gunners, who are looking to sign a world-class forward to beef up their respective frontline, have been heavily linked with the 25-year-old, but the Atletico chief believes that he will be able to keep Costa for another season.
"I do not think Diego Costa will leave us at the end of the coming year," Cerezo told The Express.
The former Valladolid man has been rumoured to form part of a player-plus-cash swoop, with Chelsea's on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois as his counterpart, but Cerezo belied such possibility.
"Unquestionably, we do not want to sell him or use him as a bargaining chip for another player," he disclosed.
"We will never sell, but that won't stop teams coming in for our players."
Costa is suggested to have a £32million release clause, which, if met by interested clubs, will require Atletico to allow their prized-possession to hold possible transfer talks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’