'Titanfall' to Drop Resolution to 720p, Install Size Revealed and the Question of Switching Sides
By Gel Galang | February 25, 2014 1:03 PM EST
With news of the Xbox One now bundling "Titanfall" as a free game circulating, it's no wonder that the main question on people's minds is whether this new development can help Xbox One beat the PS4.
So far, Sony's next-gen console has been dominating in a number of ways, while the Xbox One aims to struggle along as new exclusive releases, like "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" and the much-hyped "Titanfall" come into play.
The beta for "Titanfall" alone has gotten over 2 million players, allowing it to not only refine some of the identified issues during the period but also to put out "Titanfall" as the potential game switcher for the Xbox One.
But will "Titanfall" really be that one game to make gamers switch, given new details emerging of another decreased resolution on the Xbox One and much better textures and resolutions on the PC for "Titanfall"?
Resolution to Drop to 720p for Xbox One
Despite "Titanfall's" possibility of being the winning game on the Xbox One, those who invest in games because of resolutions may find this new rumour to be a problem.
According to Just Push Start, a new detail for "Titanfall" reveals that it may be looking at a resolution reduction, from the 792p reported resolution to a launch resolution of only 720p.
This comes from the NeoGAF forums, particularly user CBOAT, who has had a record of Microsoft leaks in the past. According to the post, the beta resolution of 792p is not final, but instead of rising the ranks, it fell down to just 720p. However, the alpha textures are rumoured to stay as final ones.
*"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" is coming to next-gen: Will gamers be getting it on the Xbox One or the PS4? Read the full story here.
As the touted "main game" for Xbox One, this is a pretty surprising move. But it does match up with previous rumours back in January as reported by Insiderp that the alpha version of "Titanfall" is most likely to run at 720p and 60 FPS. It seems that this is really unlikely to change, as there have been rumours that the Xbox One is already struggling as it is to play the 720p "Titanfall."
Download Size Revealed
Vince Zampella of Respawn Entertainment has also revealed the necessary requirements for the PC version of the final build.
@Ahmed_Zainal approx: 21gb download, 48gb installed.
— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 24, 2014
Naturally, this has gotten quite the surprised reactions from fans.
@VinceZampella @Ahmed_Zainal 48gb?? is it including single player campaign or something? 0_o =) — JT (@jT415Gz) February 24, 2014
— Daniel D. (@Daniellynet) February 24, 2014
Mr Zampella did not clarify what the contents of the massive 48 GB download would include, but then again, there are already reports of how "insane" the texture resolutions are for the PC version of "Titanfall."
DualShockers previously spotted a list of graphic settings, which include 16 video options, as leaked by a NeoGAF user. It seems like a far cry from the resolutions that have been set for the Xbox One, and surely the video options alone will take up quite the space in the overall installation requirements for "Titanfall."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’