ANZ Glam up ATMs to “GAYTMs” for Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardigras 2014
By Athena Yenko | February 25, 2014 12:51 PM EST
In support of diversity and just in time for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardigras 2014, ANZ glam up ten ATMs to "GAYTMS" - embellishing the usual and boring ATMs with thousands of rhinestones and vibrant colours in the span of the celebration. These GATYMs will also print rainbow coloured receipts and screens will flash messages of support for the festival.
This is the eighth year that ANZ had been participating in the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardigras to promote diversity, inclusion and respect for the bank's staff and customers worldwide.
"This association is all about encouraging an environment where everyone feels comfortable being themselves at work. You don't get the benefits of a diverse workforce if some people are expending vast amounts of energy pretending to be something they are not and trying to conform. We want the best people to work at our organisation and given how many people identify as LGBTI, we want to make sure that everyone feels welcome here at ANZ - regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity," Mark Hand, Chair of ANZ Australia's Diversity Council said.
To make "GAYTMs" possible, ANZ had commissioned artists to embellish ten "GAYTMs" around Sydney. ANZ made sure that each of the machine were glamorised with jewels and colours; each machine should have its own story to tell which are all specific to the gay and lesbian culture.
There is the "Hello Sailor" GAYTM commemorating the Defence Force allowing its members to join the mardigras in uniform back in 2013.
ANZ's GAYTMs can be found in various Sydney locations on Oxford Street, Pitt Street, George Street, Castlereagh Street, Surry Hills and Bondi Junction.
A non profit organisation Twenty10, which takes care of young people, family and friends who are facing gender and sexuality issues, will be the recipient of ATMs operator fees for non holders of ANZ cards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks