Both the Dallas Mavericks and New York Knicks are led by the potent scorers but only one team has been able to find consistent success midway into the season. The teams meet Monday night at the Madison Square Garden in New York as the home team looks to avoid a three-game losing skid.
The Knicks have lost five of their last five games and have lost back-to-back to the Orlando Magic, 129-121 (OT) and the Atlanta Hawks, 107-98. Carmelo Anthony had 44 and 35 points, respectively but his team couldn’t get the W as they once again struggled on defense. The NY star is averaging 27.9 PPG or second overall in the entire NBA.
New York is giving up 110.4 points per game in their last five losses. Something the Mavericks can take advantage on as Dallas is 7th in the league in scoring (104.4 PPG) led by the one-two punch of Dirk Nowitzki (21.8 PPG) and Monta Ellis.
Dallas has won three of its last four games and coming off back-to-back wins at Philadelphia, 124-112 and Detroit, 113-102. In the last one, six players ended up in double-figure scoring for the Mavs led by Nowitkzi (24 points) and Vince Carter (18 points).
Watch the Mavericks vs. Knicks via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Dallas Mavericks (-2.5) vs. New York Knicks (O/U: 206.0)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Dallas Mavericks Trends
- The Mavericks are 40-15 ATS in their last 55 games on the road
- The Mavericks are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- The Mavericks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
New York Knicks Trends
- The Knicks are 5-0 in their last 5 games vs. Southwest division teams
- The Knicks are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Knicks are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games vs. Dallas
To contact the editor, e-mail: