Vodafone Australia Lost 1.2 Million Customers in 2013
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 25, 2014 9:59 AM EST
A man and two passengers ride on a scooter past a shop displaying the Vodafone logo on its shutter in Jammu. Reuters
YouTube/iTWire Tech Video News
The year 2013 was quite a bad year for Vodafone Australia because more than 1.2 million customers left the telco last year over the firm's bad service. As a result of the hemorrhage which occurred mostly in the first six months, by the end of 2013, customer numbers were down to 5.3 million.
The telco giant explained that part of the big loss was the delisting of inactive accounts from its database and Vodafone implements a three-year turnaround strategy in a bid to improve the network's coverage, speed and reliability.
Half-owner Hutchinson Telecommunications said on Monday that Vodafone Australia must transform its brand sentiment so that changes to consumer perception would be felt. In 2013, Hutchison logged a $246 million loss, much smaller than the $409 million loss of 2012.
Over 23,000 customers have threatened to file a class-action suit versus Vodafone Australia over poor coverage, slower speed and high drop-out rate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists