Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Sprint Release And More
By Precious Silva | February 24, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Samsung has rolled out the official Android 4.4 KitKat update on several devices. The company promised users that it will complete the official release in the first quarter of 2014. As part of this, Android 4.4 KitKat update has begun rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Recent reports noted Sprint has just released its update to the users. The updates began in February and should trickle to other users soon. What should people expect?
Unlike other companies, Samsung does not divulge much data about the release of Android OTAs for its devices. But the company did clarify that it will finish by Q1 2014, which is until March. The 5.7-inch tablet can now be bumped to the Android 4.7. Android 4.4 KitKat update offers a range of improvements for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. According to the complete changelog of N900PVPUCNAB:
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - this offers media controls and full screen album art when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - users can now open the Camera app through the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - users can choose which program they want to facilitate their SMS function.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - the navigation and status bars appear translucent. They can be on top of applications. The status bar icons are also simplified.
- Consolidated Location Settings - the new Locations menu are more detailed and integrated
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing - the new Android 4.4 KitKat update offers WiFi support. Users can print via wireless connection. The update suppresses Bluetooth Prevention Information pop-up message.
Many analysts commended Sprint on its efforts regarding Android update recently. The company has been doing well in pushing out the necessary upgrades. The carrier has also released Android 4.4 KitKat update for HTC One, including Samsung Galaxy S4. People using other carries in other regions may have to wait for final announcements about the OTA. Sprint's recent performance is noteworthy since CDMA carriers often update at a later time than others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight