Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Sprint Release And More
By Precious Silva | February 24, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Samsung has rolled out the official Android 4.4 KitKat update on several devices. The company promised users that it will complete the official release in the first quarter of 2014. As part of this, Android 4.4 KitKat update has begun rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Recent reports noted Sprint has just released its update to the users. The updates began in February and should trickle to other users soon. What should people expect?
Unlike other companies, Samsung does not divulge much data about the release of Android OTAs for its devices. But the company did clarify that it will finish by Q1 2014, which is until March. The 5.7-inch tablet can now be bumped to the Android 4.7. Android 4.4 KitKat update offers a range of improvements for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. According to the complete changelog of N900PVPUCNAB:
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - this offers media controls and full screen album art when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - users can now open the Camera app through the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - users can choose which program they want to facilitate their SMS function.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - the navigation and status bars appear translucent. They can be on top of applications. The status bar icons are also simplified.
- Consolidated Location Settings - the new Locations menu are more detailed and integrated
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing - the new Android 4.4 KitKat update offers WiFi support. Users can print via wireless connection. The update suppresses Bluetooth Prevention Information pop-up message.
Many analysts commended Sprint on its efforts regarding Android update recently. The company has been doing well in pushing out the necessary upgrades. The carrier has also released Android 4.4 KitKat update for HTC One, including Samsung Galaxy S4. People using other carries in other regions may have to wait for final announcements about the OTA. Sprint's recent performance is noteworthy since CDMA carriers often update at a later time than others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change