Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 8 Fan-Voted New Maps for Operation Phoenix; Details
By Aditya Bhat | February 24, 2014 10:36 PM EST
Counter-Strike is one of the most popular FPS video game titles, which still holds its ground, amidst the likes of Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.
The newest iteration in the series Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will now be getting eight fan favorite maps, which have been voted in by fans themselves.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive gets new community built maps.
The maps are all community created. Players will see eight maps returning.
- Cache - Precision and tact is required to get the hidden weapons beneath Chernobyl.
- Downtown - Hostage rescue is very difficult here due to open areas.
- Motel - Mixes both close range indoor combat and outdoor combat area.
- Seaside - Use unique strategies to counter bombsites, water hazards in this fast-paced map
- Thunder - This map is a big recreation of Counter Strike 1.1 hostage rescue classic.
- Ali - Set in a Mediterranean village and consists the most strategic gameplay.
- Favela - The map for explosive action and showdowns.
- Agency - A fast-paced hostage rescue in a moder structure with classic bomb defusal layouts.
All these maps will be playable in different modes like casual, competitive and deathmatch modes on Steam.
Fans were asked to vote which community maps they want to see in the game. However, players have to purchase Operation Phoenix Pass (costing $2.99) to get unlimited access to these maps. This pass will also help players get Challenge Coin, which doubles up operational scorecard and helps players to keep track of every kill and win in Official Competitive Matches.
These coin-holders will also get access to 13 Community-created weapon finishes as The Operation Phoenix Case.
It is also to be noted that half of the proceeds from Operational Phoenix coin sales will be going to the creators of the map.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released on 21 August 2012 for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation