Box Office: 'Veeram', 'Jilla', 'Bramman', 'Aaha Kalyanam' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 10:06 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Tamil films "Veeram", "Jilla", "Bramman", "Aaha Kalyanam", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum".
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
Sasikumar-Lavanya Tripathi's "Bramman" has taken an above average opening at the Chennai box office.
"Bramman" has earned over ₹47 lakh in its opening weekend and, according to Behindwoods, the average theatre occupancy for the film was around 65 percent.
Despite facing strong competition from other new releases, "Bramman" had a decent debut weekend, thanks to Sasikumar's star power.
The film, which released on 21 February, received mixed reviews from critics, and that might affect its performance in the coming days.
Nani-Vaani Kapoor's "Aaha Kalyanam" (the Tamil remake of Hindi film "Band Baajaa Baaraat") took an average opening, earning over ₹21 lakh in its opening weekend at the Chennai box office.
The film received positive reviews from critics but its business was outperformed by Sasikumar's "Bramman", which also released on the same day.
"Aaha Kalyanam" has received positive reviews from critics, and that might help the romantic entertainer to perform well in the following days.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (IKK)
Udhayanidhi Stalin-Nayanthara's "IKK" is still doing well despite new releases. The film took a good opening in its debut weekend. The romantic comedy entertainer has minted over ₹2.7 crore at the Chennai box office.
According to Behinwoods website, the film is likely to become a super hit, if it manages to hold well for another one or two weeks at the box office.
Veeram [Also Read About Buzz Surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon Film's Release Date HERE]
Ajith's "Veeram" is still running in theatres although there have been several new releases in the past month. The action-packed entertainer completed its 45-day theatrical run on 23 February and is fast nearing the 50-day mark, which will be on 28 February.
"Veeram" has become second hit in a row for Ajith, post the success of "Arrambam." The film has earned over ₹6.1 crore in Chennai.
Vijay's "Jilla", which released on 10 January, is still being screened in theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film has ₹5.68 crore at the end of the seventh weekend in Chennai.
"Jilla" will be completing its 50-day theatrical run on 28 February.
Vijay Sethupathi starrer "Panniayrum Padminiyum" has done average business in Chennai. Although the film received good reviews, its performance has not been overwhelming.
The film has reportedly earned ₹1.42 crore in Chennai.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies