Box Office: 'Veeram', 'Jilla', 'Bramman', 'Aaha Kalyanam' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 10:06 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Tamil films "Veeram", "Jilla", "Bramman", "Aaha Kalyanam", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum".
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
Sasikumar-Lavanya Tripathi's "Bramman" has taken an above average opening at the Chennai box office.
"Bramman" has earned over ₹47 lakh in its opening weekend and, according to Behindwoods, the average theatre occupancy for the film was around 65 percent.
Despite facing strong competition from other new releases, "Bramman" had a decent debut weekend, thanks to Sasikumar's star power.
The film, which released on 21 February, received mixed reviews from critics, and that might affect its performance in the coming days.
Nani-Vaani Kapoor's "Aaha Kalyanam" (the Tamil remake of Hindi film "Band Baajaa Baaraat") took an average opening, earning over ₹21 lakh in its opening weekend at the Chennai box office.
The film received positive reviews from critics but its business was outperformed by Sasikumar's "Bramman", which also released on the same day.
"Aaha Kalyanam" has received positive reviews from critics, and that might help the romantic entertainer to perform well in the following days.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (IKK)
Udhayanidhi Stalin-Nayanthara's "IKK" is still doing well despite new releases. The film took a good opening in its debut weekend. The romantic comedy entertainer has minted over ₹2.7 crore at the Chennai box office.
According to Behinwoods website, the film is likely to become a super hit, if it manages to hold well for another one or two weeks at the box office.
Veeram [Also Read About Buzz Surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon Film's Release Date HERE]
Ajith's "Veeram" is still running in theatres although there have been several new releases in the past month. The action-packed entertainer completed its 45-day theatrical run on 23 February and is fast nearing the 50-day mark, which will be on 28 February.
"Veeram" has become second hit in a row for Ajith, post the success of "Arrambam." The film has earned over ₹6.1 crore in Chennai.
Vijay's "Jilla", which released on 10 January, is still being screened in theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film has ₹5.68 crore at the end of the seventh weekend in Chennai.
"Jilla" will be completing its 50-day theatrical run on 28 February.
Vijay Sethupathi starrer "Panniayrum Padminiyum" has done average business in Chennai. Although the film received good reviews, its performance has not been overwhelming.
The film has reportedly earned ₹1.42 crore in Chennai.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast