Box Office: 'Veeram', 'Jilla', 'Bramman', 'Aaha Kalyanam' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 10:06 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Tamil films "Veeram", "Jilla", "Bramman", "Aaha Kalyanam", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum".
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
Sasikumar-Lavanya Tripathi's "Bramman" has taken an above average opening at the Chennai box office.
"Bramman" has earned over ₹47 lakh in its opening weekend and, according to Behindwoods, the average theatre occupancy for the film was around 65 percent.
Despite facing strong competition from other new releases, "Bramman" had a decent debut weekend, thanks to Sasikumar's star power.
The film, which released on 21 February, received mixed reviews from critics, and that might affect its performance in the coming days.
Nani-Vaani Kapoor's "Aaha Kalyanam" (the Tamil remake of Hindi film "Band Baajaa Baaraat") took an average opening, earning over ₹21 lakh in its opening weekend at the Chennai box office.
The film received positive reviews from critics but its business was outperformed by Sasikumar's "Bramman", which also released on the same day.
"Aaha Kalyanam" has received positive reviews from critics, and that might help the romantic entertainer to perform well in the following days.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (IKK)
Udhayanidhi Stalin-Nayanthara's "IKK" is still doing well despite new releases. The film took a good opening in its debut weekend. The romantic comedy entertainer has minted over ₹2.7 crore at the Chennai box office.
According to Behinwoods website, the film is likely to become a super hit, if it manages to hold well for another one or two weeks at the box office.
Veeram [Also Read About Buzz Surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon Film's Release Date HERE]
Ajith's "Veeram" is still running in theatres although there have been several new releases in the past month. The action-packed entertainer completed its 45-day theatrical run on 23 February and is fast nearing the 50-day mark, which will be on 28 February.
"Veeram" has become second hit in a row for Ajith, post the success of "Arrambam." The film has earned over ₹6.1 crore in Chennai.
Vijay's "Jilla", which released on 10 January, is still being screened in theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film has ₹5.68 crore at the end of the seventh weekend in Chennai.
"Jilla" will be completing its 50-day theatrical run on 28 February.
Vijay Sethupathi starrer "Panniayrum Padminiyum" has done average business in Chennai. Although the film received good reviews, its performance has not been overwhelming.
The film has reportedly earned ₹1.42 crore in Chennai.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]