Box Office: 'Veeram', 'Jilla', 'Bramman', 'Aaha Kalyanam' and Other Tamil Films' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 10:06 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Tamil films "Veeram", "Jilla", "Bramman", "Aaha Kalyanam", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum".
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
Sasikumar-Lavanya Tripathi's "Bramman" has taken an above average opening at the Chennai box office.
"Bramman" has earned over ₹47 lakh in its opening weekend and, according to Behindwoods, the average theatre occupancy for the film was around 65 percent.
Despite facing strong competition from other new releases, "Bramman" had a decent debut weekend, thanks to Sasikumar's star power.
The film, which released on 21 February, received mixed reviews from critics, and that might affect its performance in the coming days.
Nani-Vaani Kapoor's "Aaha Kalyanam" (the Tamil remake of Hindi film "Band Baajaa Baaraat") took an average opening, earning over ₹21 lakh in its opening weekend at the Chennai box office.
The film received positive reviews from critics but its business was outperformed by Sasikumar's "Bramman", which also released on the same day.
"Aaha Kalyanam" has received positive reviews from critics, and that might help the romantic entertainer to perform well in the following days.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal (IKK)
Udhayanidhi Stalin-Nayanthara's "IKK" is still doing well despite new releases. The film took a good opening in its debut weekend. The romantic comedy entertainer has minted over ₹2.7 crore at the Chennai box office.
According to Behinwoods website, the film is likely to become a super hit, if it manages to hold well for another one or two weeks at the box office.
Veeram [Also Read About Buzz Surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon Film's Release Date HERE]
Ajith's "Veeram" is still running in theatres although there have been several new releases in the past month. The action-packed entertainer completed its 45-day theatrical run on 23 February and is fast nearing the 50-day mark, which will be on 28 February.
"Veeram" has become second hit in a row for Ajith, post the success of "Arrambam." The film has earned over ₹6.1 crore in Chennai.
Vijay's "Jilla", which released on 10 January, is still being screened in theatres across Tamil Nadu. The film has ₹5.68 crore at the end of the seventh weekend in Chennai.
"Jilla" will be completing its 50-day theatrical run on 28 February.
Vijay Sethupathi starrer "Panniayrum Padminiyum" has done average business in Chennai. Although the film received good reviews, its performance has not been overwhelming.
The film has reportedly earned ₹1.42 crore in Chennai.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight