Sony Xperia M Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update: 15 New Features 'Camera Modes, Themes, Apps And More'
By Ryan Inoyori | February 24, 2014 9:59 PM EST
Vodafone Australia Status
Sony Xperia M official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update remains in the testing phase but its release may come soon. According to the new post of Vodafone Australia regarding software updates for Feb. 20 weekly wrap, Xperia SP and Xperia TX are now getting live updates via Firmware over-the-air process.
In recent weeks, Xperia SP and TX are alongside Xperia M waiting for testing, approval and update releasing stages. The two are currently receiving the newest firmware and it won't be long for the Xperia M version.
Also, PTCRB approved a new firmware for Xperia M suggesting the Android 4.3 build version. It has the build number 15.4.A.0.21 and definitely leaped from the previous 15.1.C.2.8 that indicates a new OS version for Xperia M single-SIM running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Its sibling, Xperia M dual running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, got newly certified build version 15.2.A.2.5 leaping from build version 15.5.A.0.16, representing new OS.
Owners who are anxious on getting the live update should remain patient for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update due to Sony's main effort to unify all Xperia smartphones eligible for update by delivering similar UI and home launcher, camera modes and system upgrades.
Notable Android 4.3 Features
If you've seen other Xperia smartphones updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, most of them are very similar to each other such as Xperia Z and Xperia SP user interface, themes and camera modes. It is expected that Xperia M will receive similar treatments from Sony like what Xperia SP, T, TX and V had.
Below are the notable changes found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
1. User interface and Xperia Home launcher based on Xperia Z series
2. Updates on Sony exclusive media apps such as Album and Movies, and Walkman
3. More stock wallpaper and themes
4. New option for downloadable themes via Sony Select
5. Improved Sony Select app for preferred third-party apps
6. Updated camera app and user interface
7. Downloadable camera modes: AR effect, Timeshift Burst and more
8. Burst mode under Superior Auto
9. Daydream feature
10. Lock screen widgets
11. Better version of STAMINA mode
12. Project Butter for smoother feeling and response
13. My Xperia locator and Android Device Manager
14. More shortcuts for Quick Settings
15. Updated small apps with favorites
Sony Mobile hasn't updated the official software support page of Xperia M and still display the current Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version. Due to its mid-range classification, Sony may investigate the device after Android 4.3 has been released.
Xperia SP, T, TX and V are under investigation regarding the future upgrade plans for Android KitKat, which originally meant for Xperia Z series. Certainly, Xperia M is still within the update window period to get Android 4.4 update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia