Sony Xperia M Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update: 15 New Features 'Camera Modes, Themes, Apps And More'
By Ryan Inoyori | February 24, 2014 9:59 PM EST
Vodafone Australia Status
Sony Xperia M official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update remains in the testing phase but its release may come soon. According to the new post of Vodafone Australia regarding software updates for Feb. 20 weekly wrap, Xperia SP and Xperia TX are now getting live updates via Firmware over-the-air process.
In recent weeks, Xperia SP and TX are alongside Xperia M waiting for testing, approval and update releasing stages. The two are currently receiving the newest firmware and it won't be long for the Xperia M version.
Also, PTCRB approved a new firmware for Xperia M suggesting the Android 4.3 build version. It has the build number 15.4.A.0.21 and definitely leaped from the previous 15.1.C.2.8 that indicates a new OS version for Xperia M single-SIM running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Its sibling, Xperia M dual running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, got newly certified build version 15.2.A.2.5 leaping from build version 15.5.A.0.16, representing new OS.
Owners who are anxious on getting the live update should remain patient for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update due to Sony's main effort to unify all Xperia smartphones eligible for update by delivering similar UI and home launcher, camera modes and system upgrades.
Notable Android 4.3 Features
If you've seen other Xperia smartphones updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, most of them are very similar to each other such as Xperia Z and Xperia SP user interface, themes and camera modes. It is expected that Xperia M will receive similar treatments from Sony like what Xperia SP, T, TX and V had.
Below are the notable changes found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
1. User interface and Xperia Home launcher based on Xperia Z series
2. Updates on Sony exclusive media apps such as Album and Movies, and Walkman
3. More stock wallpaper and themes
4. New option for downloadable themes via Sony Select
5. Improved Sony Select app for preferred third-party apps
6. Updated camera app and user interface
7. Downloadable camera modes: AR effect, Timeshift Burst and more
8. Burst mode under Superior Auto
9. Daydream feature
10. Lock screen widgets
11. Better version of STAMINA mode
12. Project Butter for smoother feeling and response
13. My Xperia locator and Android Device Manager
14. More shortcuts for Quick Settings
15. Updated small apps with favorites
Sony Mobile hasn't updated the official software support page of Xperia M and still display the current Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version. Due to its mid-range classification, Sony may investigate the device after Android 4.3 has been released.
Xperia SP, T, TX and V are under investigation regarding the future upgrade plans for Android KitKat, which originally meant for Xperia Z series. Certainly, Xperia M is still within the update window period to get Android 4.4 update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks