MWC 2014: Sony Unveils World's Thinnest Waterproof Tablet Xperia Z2; Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 24, 2014 9:38 PM EST
Mobile World Congress 2013 (Credit: Reuters)
Unveiled at the MWC (Mobile World Congress) in Barcelona, the Xperia Z2 sports a 10.1 inch screen and measures 6.4mm in thickness and weighs just 426gm. Though the tablet comes with larger screen compared to most other tablets in the market, Sony's latest Xperia Z2 is lighter than the Apple's lightweight iPad Air and is a waterproof device, which can hold up in 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes.
The 10.1-inch Android tablet is powered by 2.3GHz quad-core processor along with 3GB of RAM. The internal storage of the tablet is 16 GB but can expand via a microSD card slot by up to 64GB. Xperia Z2 comes with 1,200 x 1,920 Full HD screen which boasts Sony's Triluminos and new Live Colour LED technologies and flaunts 'Omnibalance' design. It houses an 8-megapixel camera and comes loaded with 6,000mAh battery. The device is likely to go on sales by the end of March.
Sony announced the launch of its new Xperia Z2 smartphone with noise-canceling technology and ultra-high-definition video recording, and also the Xperia M2 smartphone.
The waterproof Xperia M2 sports a 4.8-inch screen with 960x540-pixel resolution and is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor. In terms of the snapper, the device features an 8 megapixel rear camera and runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Sony is yet to announce the availability and pricing of the M2 and Z2 smartphones. The company is likely to launch the gadgets across the world, according to the reports.
"With Xperia Z2, we have taken our premium Z series to the next level, delivering unique experiences that only Sony can offer," Associated Press quoted Kunimasa Suzuki, Sony Mobile's president and CEO.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2