Kendall Jenner Wants to be Independent: Should She Quit ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians?’
By Keerthi Mohan | February 24, 2014 8:12 PM EST
The recent episode of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” saw Kendall Jenner expressing her desire to move out of her mother’s Calabasas home, much to the dismay of Kris Jenner.
In the episode, taped before her 18th birthday in November, Kendall says that she is looking forward to turning 18, and one of the first thing she wants to do is move out and get a place of her own.
“It’s exciting to see what’s out there!” she said during her off-camera interview. This statement was met with shock and dismay from her family members, with Kim Kardashian asking her to stay at their mother’s home as long as she could.
Meanwhile, her father, Bruce Jenner, is supportive of Kendall’s need for more independence, and pointed out that he moved out of his home when he was just 18.
While Kendall has only expressed her desire to move out, many believe she should distance herself as much as possible from her family’s reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
“Kendall has been told by several high profile fashion photographers that she definitely has a future in modeling,” a source told Radar Online.
“However, she was advised that continuing to appear on reality television will diminish interest in her as a model.”
Kendall might find it difficult to quit the show as she is contractually bound to appear on the show. But it is true that her modelling career might suffer if she continues to be a part of the reality show, which has often been accused of being fake and scripted.
Take for instance the case of Kim Kardashian’s fiancé, Kanye West. His popularity and his music career has reportedly suffered since his appearance on the show, where at one point he was seen giving fashion tips to his girlfriend.
This might be one of the reasons why West decided against appearing on the show later on. Soon after news of West dating Kim broke, his popularity dropped 66 percent and it ranked below that of an average hip hop star, reports said, citing statistics released by Q Scores, a website that measures popularity.
There have been walk-outs during his concerts, and tickets for many gigs weren’t sold out, resorting West to seek the help of top-level music executives, according to reports.
“His personal life is overpowering his music,” an industry source told New York Daily News. “Every time he plays, people are wondering if Kim is going to be there. It’s not a good thing for him, especially if he wants to be taken seriously.”
“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is currently on its ninth season, and it is telecast on E! every Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change