Kendall Jenner Wants to be Independent: Should She Quit ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians?’
By Keerthi Mohan | February 24, 2014 8:12 PM EST
The recent episode of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” saw Kendall Jenner expressing her desire to move out of her mother’s Calabasas home, much to the dismay of Kris Jenner.
In the episode, taped before her 18th birthday in November, Kendall says that she is looking forward to turning 18, and one of the first thing she wants to do is move out and get a place of her own.
“It’s exciting to see what’s out there!” she said during her off-camera interview. This statement was met with shock and dismay from her family members, with Kim Kardashian asking her to stay at their mother’s home as long as she could.
Meanwhile, her father, Bruce Jenner, is supportive of Kendall’s need for more independence, and pointed out that he moved out of his home when he was just 18.
While Kendall has only expressed her desire to move out, many believe she should distance herself as much as possible from her family’s reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
“Kendall has been told by several high profile fashion photographers that she definitely has a future in modeling,” a source told Radar Online.
“However, she was advised that continuing to appear on reality television will diminish interest in her as a model.”
Kendall might find it difficult to quit the show as she is contractually bound to appear on the show. But it is true that her modelling career might suffer if she continues to be a part of the reality show, which has often been accused of being fake and scripted.
Take for instance the case of Kim Kardashian’s fiancé, Kanye West. His popularity and his music career has reportedly suffered since his appearance on the show, where at one point he was seen giving fashion tips to his girlfriend.
This might be one of the reasons why West decided against appearing on the show later on. Soon after news of West dating Kim broke, his popularity dropped 66 percent and it ranked below that of an average hip hop star, reports said, citing statistics released by Q Scores, a website that measures popularity.
There have been walk-outs during his concerts, and tickets for many gigs weren’t sold out, resorting West to seek the help of top-level music executives, according to reports.
“His personal life is overpowering his music,” an industry source told New York Daily News. “Every time he plays, people are wondering if Kim is going to be there. It’s not a good thing for him, especially if he wants to be taken seriously.”
“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is currently on its ninth season, and it is telecast on E! every Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand