Kendall Jenner Wants to be Independent: Should She Quit ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians?’
By Keerthi Mohan | February 24, 2014 8:12 PM EST
The recent episode of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” saw Kendall Jenner expressing her desire to move out of her mother’s Calabasas home, much to the dismay of Kris Jenner.
In the episode, taped before her 18th birthday in November, Kendall says that she is looking forward to turning 18, and one of the first thing she wants to do is move out and get a place of her own.
“It’s exciting to see what’s out there!” she said during her off-camera interview. This statement was met with shock and dismay from her family members, with Kim Kardashian asking her to stay at their mother’s home as long as she could.
Meanwhile, her father, Bruce Jenner, is supportive of Kendall’s need for more independence, and pointed out that he moved out of his home when he was just 18.
While Kendall has only expressed her desire to move out, many believe she should distance herself as much as possible from her family’s reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
“Kendall has been told by several high profile fashion photographers that she definitely has a future in modeling,” a source told Radar Online.
“However, she was advised that continuing to appear on reality television will diminish interest in her as a model.”
Kendall might find it difficult to quit the show as she is contractually bound to appear on the show. But it is true that her modelling career might suffer if she continues to be a part of the reality show, which has often been accused of being fake and scripted.
Take for instance the case of Kim Kardashian’s fiancé, Kanye West. His popularity and his music career has reportedly suffered since his appearance on the show, where at one point he was seen giving fashion tips to his girlfriend.
This might be one of the reasons why West decided against appearing on the show later on. Soon after news of West dating Kim broke, his popularity dropped 66 percent and it ranked below that of an average hip hop star, reports said, citing statistics released by Q Scores, a website that measures popularity.
There have been walk-outs during his concerts, and tickets for many gigs weren’t sold out, resorting West to seek the help of top-level music executives, according to reports.
“His personal life is overpowering his music,” an industry source told New York Daily News. “Every time he plays, people are wondering if Kim is going to be there. It’s not a good thing for him, especially if he wants to be taken seriously.”
“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is currently on its ninth season, and it is telecast on E! every Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles