Kendall Jenner Wants to be Independent: Should She Quit ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians?’
By Keerthi Mohan | February 24, 2014 8:12 PM EST
The recent episode of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” saw Kendall Jenner expressing her desire to move out of her mother’s Calabasas home, much to the dismay of Kris Jenner.
In the episode, taped before her 18th birthday in November, Kendall says that she is looking forward to turning 18, and one of the first thing she wants to do is move out and get a place of her own.
“It’s exciting to see what’s out there!” she said during her off-camera interview. This statement was met with shock and dismay from her family members, with Kim Kardashian asking her to stay at their mother’s home as long as she could.
Meanwhile, her father, Bruce Jenner, is supportive of Kendall’s need for more independence, and pointed out that he moved out of his home when he was just 18.
While Kendall has only expressed her desire to move out, many believe she should distance herself as much as possible from her family’s reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
“Kendall has been told by several high profile fashion photographers that she definitely has a future in modeling,” a source told Radar Online.
“However, she was advised that continuing to appear on reality television will diminish interest in her as a model.”
Kendall might find it difficult to quit the show as she is contractually bound to appear on the show. But it is true that her modelling career might suffer if she continues to be a part of the reality show, which has often been accused of being fake and scripted.
Take for instance the case of Kim Kardashian’s fiancé, Kanye West. His popularity and his music career has reportedly suffered since his appearance on the show, where at one point he was seen giving fashion tips to his girlfriend.
This might be one of the reasons why West decided against appearing on the show later on. Soon after news of West dating Kim broke, his popularity dropped 66 percent and it ranked below that of an average hip hop star, reports said, citing statistics released by Q Scores, a website that measures popularity.
There have been walk-outs during his concerts, and tickets for many gigs weren’t sold out, resorting West to seek the help of top-level music executives, according to reports.
“His personal life is overpowering his music,” an industry source told New York Daily News. “Every time he plays, people are wondering if Kim is going to be there. It’s not a good thing for him, especially if he wants to be taken seriously.”
“Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is currently on its ninth season, and it is telecast on E! every Sunday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon