Reliance Jio Likely to Launch 4G Services in India by September
By greeshma m | February 24, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Reliance Industries Telecom wing Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) is reportedly set to launch 4G services in India by September.
Reliance Comms Joins Hands with Lenovo for Smartphone Push
According to a PTI report, RJIL is likely to initiate the 4G services Delhi and Mumbai and then to extend it to southern parts of the country.
"Reliance Jio is engaged in building up team for telecom services which is almost done. Telecom services are likely to be launched in third quarter of 2014 ie July-September period starting from Delhi and Mumbai," PTI quoted a source close to the development.
Currently the company is said to be studying the devices of Samsung and ZTE in the country. The 4G services of the Reliance Company is likely to come with upto 49 Mbps speed, which is 10-12 times more than 3G mobile internet speed.
Meanwhile, Bharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom operator launched "India's first 4G on mobile" services in Bangalore. Although Bangalore is the first city to get the service, it is currently offered only on Apple iPhone 5S and 5C.
Airtel 4G technology users can download 10 movies in less than 30 minutes, upload full holiday albums in less than five minutes and stream High Definition video with zero buffering, said the company. Airtel also said that while data browsing will be on 4G networks, voice calls would be on 2G/ 3G networks with the CSFB (Circuit Switched Fall Back) technology.
Users of Apple iPhone 5S and 5C can avail the latest Airtel 4G network on their mobiles by upgrading their current SIM to a 4G SIM without changing their existing data plan. Customers using the 2G/GPRS data plans can get the 4G offer by opting for any of the 3G plans/packs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop