Reliance Jio Likely to Launch 4G Services in India by September
By greeshma m | February 24, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Reliance Industries Telecom wing Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) is reportedly set to launch 4G services in India by September.
Reliance Comms Joins Hands with Lenovo for Smartphone Push
According to a PTI report, RJIL is likely to initiate the 4G services Delhi and Mumbai and then to extend it to southern parts of the country.
"Reliance Jio is engaged in building up team for telecom services which is almost done. Telecom services are likely to be launched in third quarter of 2014 ie July-September period starting from Delhi and Mumbai," PTI quoted a source close to the development.
Currently the company is said to be studying the devices of Samsung and ZTE in the country. The 4G services of the Reliance Company is likely to come with upto 49 Mbps speed, which is 10-12 times more than 3G mobile internet speed.
Meanwhile, Bharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom operator launched "India's first 4G on mobile" services in Bangalore. Although Bangalore is the first city to get the service, it is currently offered only on Apple iPhone 5S and 5C.
Airtel 4G technology users can download 10 movies in less than 30 minutes, upload full holiday albums in less than five minutes and stream High Definition video with zero buffering, said the company. Airtel also said that while data browsing will be on 4G networks, voice calls would be on 2G/ 3G networks with the CSFB (Circuit Switched Fall Back) technology.
Users of Apple iPhone 5S and 5C can avail the latest Airtel 4G network on their mobiles by upgrading their current SIM to a 4G SIM without changing their existing data plan. Customers using the 2G/GPRS data plans can get the 4G offer by opting for any of the 3G plans/packs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan