Reliance Jio Likely to Launch 4G Services in India by September
By greeshma m | February 24, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Reliance Industries Telecom wing Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) is reportedly set to launch 4G services in India by September.
Reliance Comms Joins Hands with Lenovo for Smartphone Push
According to a PTI report, RJIL is likely to initiate the 4G services Delhi and Mumbai and then to extend it to southern parts of the country.
"Reliance Jio is engaged in building up team for telecom services which is almost done. Telecom services are likely to be launched in third quarter of 2014 ie July-September period starting from Delhi and Mumbai," PTI quoted a source close to the development.
Currently the company is said to be studying the devices of Samsung and ZTE in the country. The 4G services of the Reliance Company is likely to come with upto 49 Mbps speed, which is 10-12 times more than 3G mobile internet speed.
Meanwhile, Bharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom operator launched "India's first 4G on mobile" services in Bangalore. Although Bangalore is the first city to get the service, it is currently offered only on Apple iPhone 5S and 5C.
Airtel 4G technology users can download 10 movies in less than 30 minutes, upload full holiday albums in less than five minutes and stream High Definition video with zero buffering, said the company. Airtel also said that while data browsing will be on 4G networks, voice calls would be on 2G/ 3G networks with the CSFB (Circuit Switched Fall Back) technology.
Users of Apple iPhone 5S and 5C can avail the latest Airtel 4G network on their mobiles by upgrading their current SIM to a 4G SIM without changing their existing data plan. Customers using the 2G/GPRS data plans can get the 4G offer by opting for any of the 3G plans/packs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga