Reliance Jio Likely to Launch 4G Services in India by September
By greeshma m | February 24, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Reliance Industries Telecom wing Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) is reportedly set to launch 4G services in India by September.
Reliance Comms Joins Hands with Lenovo for Smartphone Push
According to a PTI report, RJIL is likely to initiate the 4G services Delhi and Mumbai and then to extend it to southern parts of the country.
"Reliance Jio is engaged in building up team for telecom services which is almost done. Telecom services are likely to be launched in third quarter of 2014 ie July-September period starting from Delhi and Mumbai," PTI quoted a source close to the development.
Currently the company is said to be studying the devices of Samsung and ZTE in the country. The 4G services of the Reliance Company is likely to come with upto 49 Mbps speed, which is 10-12 times more than 3G mobile internet speed.
Meanwhile, Bharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom operator launched "India's first 4G on mobile" services in Bangalore. Although Bangalore is the first city to get the service, it is currently offered only on Apple iPhone 5S and 5C.
Airtel 4G technology users can download 10 movies in less than 30 minutes, upload full holiday albums in less than five minutes and stream High Definition video with zero buffering, said the company. Airtel also said that while data browsing will be on 4G networks, voice calls would be on 2G/ 3G networks with the CSFB (Circuit Switched Fall Back) technology.
Users of Apple iPhone 5S and 5C can avail the latest Airtel 4G network on their mobiles by upgrading their current SIM to a 4G SIM without changing their existing data plan. Customers using the 2G/GPRS data plans can get the 4G offer by opting for any of the 3G plans/packs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air