Reliance Jio Likely to Launch 4G Services in India by September
By greeshma m | February 24, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Reliance Industries Telecom wing Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) is reportedly set to launch 4G services in India by September.
Reliance Comms Joins Hands with Lenovo for Smartphone Push
According to a PTI report, RJIL is likely to initiate the 4G services Delhi and Mumbai and then to extend it to southern parts of the country.
"Reliance Jio is engaged in building up team for telecom services which is almost done. Telecom services are likely to be launched in third quarter of 2014 ie July-September period starting from Delhi and Mumbai," PTI quoted a source close to the development.
Currently the company is said to be studying the devices of Samsung and ZTE in the country. The 4G services of the Reliance Company is likely to come with upto 49 Mbps speed, which is 10-12 times more than 3G mobile internet speed.
Meanwhile, Bharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom operator launched "India's first 4G on mobile" services in Bangalore. Although Bangalore is the first city to get the service, it is currently offered only on Apple iPhone 5S and 5C.
Airtel 4G technology users can download 10 movies in less than 30 minutes, upload full holiday albums in less than five minutes and stream High Definition video with zero buffering, said the company. Airtel also said that while data browsing will be on 4G networks, voice calls would be on 2G/ 3G networks with the CSFB (Circuit Switched Fall Back) technology.
Users of Apple iPhone 5S and 5C can avail the latest Airtel 4G network on their mobiles by upgrading their current SIM to a 4G SIM without changing their existing data plan. Customers using the 2G/GPRS data plans can get the 4G offer by opting for any of the 3G plans/packs.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet