'Sherlock' Season 4 Spoilers: Mrs. Hudson, Molly, Moriarty Characters More of Romance and Friendship In The BBC Series?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 24, 2014 7:32 PM EST
BBC's popular show "Sherlock" Season 3 has just finished and many have already started speculating about the upcoming season 4. For viewers who can no longer wait until the next season premiere to know what really is in store for the show, here are some teasers about Sherlock's adventures, potential romantic life and friendships.
It was recently announced that "Sherlock" is having its own 25 million GBP theme park in Portsmouth to focus on the detective's quests in Baker Street, London. "We are talking about world class, Sherlock Holmes experience," Steve Pitt of Portsmouth Cultural Partnership said. "It would be interactive and of high quality. There are many tie-ins around the Sherlock Holmes legacy being born in Portsmouth."
In an interview, it was also suggested that Moriarty (Andrew Scott) could be a major character in season 4. The third season concluded with a surprising twist of Moriarty's return. The season finale also featured Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) shooting Magnussen (Lars Mikkelsen).
According to executive producer Steven Moffat, the viewers will also see more of Molly in the next season. "I think she will become an important part of the show. One difficulty in adapting Sherlock Holmes is that there are no women in the original stories. You really do not have the female perspective on them and they are a little flat when they show up. Yet, every time a woman appears in Sherlock, it works hugely well," Moffat explained.
Moffat continued to discuss why women are important for Sherlock the show and the character himself. "A female perspective in the friendship and on the man is incredible illuminating and telling. We have majorly expanded the part of Mrs. Hudson, played by Una Stubbs, because she did not speak in the original story. We brought Molly in," he said.
Despite the excitement of fans, they would have to wait a long time for the fourth season. "You know, we will do what we can but not sacrifice quality. If people have to wait for two years, they will have to wait for two years," Moffat said.
Sherlock seasons 1 and 2 are now available on Netflix while season 3 is now available on DVD.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues