'Sherlock' Season 4 Spoilers: Mrs. Hudson, Molly, Moriarty Characters More of Romance and Friendship In The BBC Series?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 24, 2014 7:32 PM EST
BBC's popular show "Sherlock" Season 3 has just finished and many have already started speculating about the upcoming season 4. For viewers who can no longer wait until the next season premiere to know what really is in store for the show, here are some teasers about Sherlock's adventures, potential romantic life and friendships.
It was recently announced that "Sherlock" is having its own 25 million GBP theme park in Portsmouth to focus on the detective's quests in Baker Street, London. "We are talking about world class, Sherlock Holmes experience," Steve Pitt of Portsmouth Cultural Partnership said. "It would be interactive and of high quality. There are many tie-ins around the Sherlock Holmes legacy being born in Portsmouth."
In an interview, it was also suggested that Moriarty (Andrew Scott) could be a major character in season 4. The third season concluded with a surprising twist of Moriarty's return. The season finale also featured Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) shooting Magnussen (Lars Mikkelsen).
According to executive producer Steven Moffat, the viewers will also see more of Molly in the next season. "I think she will become an important part of the show. One difficulty in adapting Sherlock Holmes is that there are no women in the original stories. You really do not have the female perspective on them and they are a little flat when they show up. Yet, every time a woman appears in Sherlock, it works hugely well," Moffat explained.
Moffat continued to discuss why women are important for Sherlock the show and the character himself. "A female perspective in the friendship and on the man is incredible illuminating and telling. We have majorly expanded the part of Mrs. Hudson, played by Una Stubbs, because she did not speak in the original story. We brought Molly in," he said.
Despite the excitement of fans, they would have to wait a long time for the fourth season. "You know, we will do what we can but not sacrifice quality. If people have to wait for two years, they will have to wait for two years," Moffat said.
Sherlock seasons 1 and 2 are now available on Netflix while season 3 is now available on DVD.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks