Ambareesh Safe but Still on Ventilator
By Roshni Mahesh | February 24, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is out of danger and recovering fast in the hospital, the 61-year-old's wife Sumalatha, announced on Sunday. She also requested the public not to spread any rumours about the actor.
Ambareesh Safe, but Still on Ventilator
"Annavru (elder brother) would soon return home and appear before you all. He (Ambareesh) is fast recovering and the doctors are giving him the best treatment. Please don't heed any rumours. We need privacy and your cooperation in these times,'' The Times of India quoted her.
The housing minister has been under the care and supervision of doctors at the Vikram Hospital in Millers Road, where he was admitted with a serious lung infection last Friday. Though his health condition has improved, according to the reports, doctors have kept the actor on a ventilator, to assist him in breathing.
Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate and the actor's sleep apnea (a sleep disorder) worsened the situation. "We are taking medical decisions based on his response every one hour. His vitals are all right. The lung infection was due to a change in temperature and he also suffers from sleep apnea due to fat deposition in the neck," Dr K S Satish, chief pulmonologist at Vikram Hospital, told The New Indian Express.
Fans and well-wishers of the actor have been literally flocking to the hospital, to show their love and support for the actor and his family. Many top politicians including H D Deve Gowda, Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy (minister for cooperation, AP), Jagadaish Shettar and actor Upendra paid a visit to the veteran.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bill Clinton Credits Sugar-Free Diet For Weight Loss: A Vegan Diet If Not Followed Properly Can Cause Weight Gain
- Overdose Of Prescription Drug Oxycodone Even Deadlier Than Heroin
- The Secret Behind HIV Infection Found: Reasons Why It Could Not Be Eradicated
- Dr Oz: Your Diet Can Affect Your Mood, Five Diets That Help Combat Depression
- Celebrity Smokers and the Ways by Which They Quit Smoking
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen