Ambareesh Safe but Still on Ventilator
By Roshni Mahesh | February 24, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is out of danger and recovering fast in the hospital, the 61-year-old's wife Sumalatha, announced on Sunday. She also requested the public not to spread any rumours about the actor.
Ambareesh Safe, but Still on Ventilator
"Annavru (elder brother) would soon return home and appear before you all. He (Ambareesh) is fast recovering and the doctors are giving him the best treatment. Please don't heed any rumours. We need privacy and your cooperation in these times,'' The Times of India quoted her.
The housing minister has been under the care and supervision of doctors at the Vikram Hospital in Millers Road, where he was admitted with a serious lung infection last Friday. Though his health condition has improved, according to the reports, doctors have kept the actor on a ventilator, to assist him in breathing.
Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate and the actor's sleep apnea (a sleep disorder) worsened the situation. "We are taking medical decisions based on his response every one hour. His vitals are all right. The lung infection was due to a change in temperature and he also suffers from sleep apnea due to fat deposition in the neck," Dr K S Satish, chief pulmonologist at Vikram Hospital, told The New Indian Express.
Fans and well-wishers of the actor have been literally flocking to the hospital, to show their love and support for the actor and his family. Many top politicians including H D Deve Gowda, Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy (minister for cooperation, AP), Jagadaish Shettar and actor Upendra paid a visit to the veteran.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Great-Grandma With Dementia Writes Moving Letter Before Taking Life
- 'Game Of Thrones' Cast Members Nominate Each Other For ALS Ice Bucket Challenge [VIDEOS]
- Refraining from Your Regular Quota of Instant Noodles Might Save Your Life
- Smartphone-Linked 'Bionic' Pancreas More Effective In Diabetes: NSW Researchers
- Thanks to Technology, Young People are Losing the Ability to Read Emotions
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble