Ambareesh Safe but Still on Ventilator
By Roshni Mahesh | February 24, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is out of danger and recovering fast in the hospital, the 61-year-old's wife Sumalatha, announced on Sunday. She also requested the public not to spread any rumours about the actor.
Ambareesh Safe, but Still on Ventilator
"Annavru (elder brother) would soon return home and appear before you all. He (Ambareesh) is fast recovering and the doctors are giving him the best treatment. Please don't heed any rumours. We need privacy and your cooperation in these times,'' The Times of India quoted her.
The housing minister has been under the care and supervision of doctors at the Vikram Hospital in Millers Road, where he was admitted with a serious lung infection last Friday. Though his health condition has improved, according to the reports, doctors have kept the actor on a ventilator, to assist him in breathing.
Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate and the actor's sleep apnea (a sleep disorder) worsened the situation. "We are taking medical decisions based on his response every one hour. His vitals are all right. The lung infection was due to a change in temperature and he also suffers from sleep apnea due to fat deposition in the neck," Dr K S Satish, chief pulmonologist at Vikram Hospital, told The New Indian Express.
Fans and well-wishers of the actor have been literally flocking to the hospital, to show their love and support for the actor and his family. Many top politicians including H D Deve Gowda, Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy (minister for cooperation, AP), Jagadaish Shettar and actor Upendra paid a visit to the veteran.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Vaccine Not Coming Soon Enough; Australia and New Zealand Prepare for Possible Outbreak
- Gluten-Free Diets? Research Says it Contains No Nutrition!
- Top 10 Deadliest Viruses To Ever Exist
- 5 Snacks Only Australians may Have Thought Of
- Actress Miranda Kerr Loses 40 Pounds After Pregnancy With A Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Diet and Yoga
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install