Ambareesh Safe but Still on Ventilator
By Roshni Mahesh | February 24, 2014 6:51 PM EST
Kannada actor Ambareesh is out of danger and recovering fast in the hospital, the 61-year-old's wife Sumalatha, announced on Sunday. She also requested the public not to spread any rumours about the actor.
Ambareesh Safe, but Still on Ventilator
"Annavru (elder brother) would soon return home and appear before you all. He (Ambareesh) is fast recovering and the doctors are giving him the best treatment. Please don't heed any rumours. We need privacy and your cooperation in these times,'' The Times of India quoted her.
The housing minister has been under the care and supervision of doctors at the Vikram Hospital in Millers Road, where he was admitted with a serious lung infection last Friday. Though his health condition has improved, according to the reports, doctors have kept the actor on a ventilator, to assist him in breathing.
Doctors said that the lung infection was caused by sudden changes in the climate and the actor's sleep apnea (a sleep disorder) worsened the situation. "We are taking medical decisions based on his response every one hour. His vitals are all right. The lung infection was due to a change in temperature and he also suffers from sleep apnea due to fat deposition in the neck," Dr K S Satish, chief pulmonologist at Vikram Hospital, told The New Indian Express.
Fans and well-wishers of the actor have been literally flocking to the hospital, to show their love and support for the actor and his family. Many top politicians including H D Deve Gowda, Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy (minister for cooperation, AP), Jagadaish Shettar and actor Upendra paid a visit to the veteran.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS