'Iron Man 4' Update: Arno Stark to Replace Tony Stark? Is Robert Downey Jr Leaving Marvel Franchise?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 24, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Robert Downey Jr. has already signed an agreement for the two upcoming "Avengers" projects but the "Iron Man" franchise is still up in the air. According to reports, there is a possibility that Arno Stark will replace Tony Stark if Iron Man 4 is to be put in production and with Downey contractually bound to do "Avengers 3," the production will start sometime around Phase 3. It is said that the replacement is also due to Downey's high cost and increasing age.
Who is Arno Stark? It appears that Iron Man has two versions of his story. One is that which makes him the biological nephew of Tony Stark that will later on grow up to be Iron Man 2020. The second storyline recently claims that Arno is the biological son of Howard and Maria Stark. He was genetically modified while still in the womb and a "genetic clock" would've caused him to die early had Howard created the serum that would keep him alive. Arno depended on life support and was not introduced to his adopted brother, Tony.
"I believe there will be a fourth Iron Man installment. Even a fifth and sixth and a 10th and 20th," Marvel Studio's President of Production, Kevin Feige said. "I don't see any reason why Tony Stark cannot be as evergreen as James Bond." It is also possible that while the plot will not change and focus on Arno Stark, the producers could just cast another actor for Tony Stark.
"I have said it before and it was not negotiating tactics. I believe Tony Stark is just as strong a character as batman. So there will absolutely be future Iron Mans and future Tony Starks. Who makes the movies, when those films are made, who knows? I do not know. But, the notion with Downey's contract in The Avengers 2 and 3 is to allow new characters, Part of what we like about The Avengers is the shifting roster. That is what's fun about comic book films. You shift them up. Certainly, a lot of thought process went to it," Feige said.
For now, fans can look forward to "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," which is set to hit the theaters on May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]