Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Release Date On March 10? Exterior, Hardware Keys, Camera And UI Leaked
By Ryan Inoyori | February 24, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 may be released by March 2014 according to an internal document leaked from T-Mobile Netherlands. Leaked image revealed the black rubber border and aluminium frame of Sirius which may be available by March 10.
T-Mobile Leaked Image
An internal document from T-Mobile Netherlands unveiled the exterior design of Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 final unit. According to XperiaBlog, Sony Sirius release date or phase-in status may start during the 11th week of the year. If it's accurate, Xperia users can start ordering starting March 10.
T-Mobile Netherlands listed a device called Sony i1-II, similar to the Xperia Z1 early codename i1 Honami before getting its commercial model name. In addition to Sirius, the network carrier will also release HTC M8 and Samsung Project K, which could be Galaxy S5.
Final Exterior Build
Leaked from T-Mobile Netherlands internal document features a little bit different Sony Sirius when compared to earlier prototype images. Apparently, Sony did some final changes in the design and exterior of Sirius such as clearer speaker's view and Xperia logo below the Sony text.
But certain hardware keys retained their positions such as volume rockers on the right below the iconic power key and a dedicated camera button at the most bottom of the right side, which were all similar with Sirius prototype model.
The image did not show if the rear part of Sirius is made of glass or aluminium frame yet we expect IP 55/58 certification for dust and water protections plus scratch-resistant display. But one of the latest leak images showed the new status bar icons on Android 4.4.2 KitKat running Sirius and the 20.7 MP Sony G lens camera.
If the information on the leaked document were correct, Sony would likely announce Xperia Sirius at the Mobile World Congress 2014 instead of its upcoming event in Jakarta on March 5.
Sony Mobile released a 16-second teaser trailer describing "Something extraordinary is coming" on Feb. 24, which was also one of the days on MWC.
The new video focused on a red cloth flying artistically but no part of whatever device has been shown in any part of the video but simply leave a specific date. But red cloth may describe Android KitKat that also takes the color which currently expected to run first on Sony Sirius with the latest Xperia Home UI launcher.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions