Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Release Date On March 10? Exterior, Hardware Keys, Camera And UI Leaked
By Ryan Inoyori | February 24, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 may be released by March 2014 according to an internal document leaked from T-Mobile Netherlands. Leaked image revealed the black rubber border and aluminium frame of Sirius which may be available by March 10.
T-Mobile Leaked Image
An internal document from T-Mobile Netherlands unveiled the exterior design of Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 final unit. According to XperiaBlog, Sony Sirius release date or phase-in status may start during the 11th week of the year. If it's accurate, Xperia users can start ordering starting March 10.
T-Mobile Netherlands listed a device called Sony i1-II, similar to the Xperia Z1 early codename i1 Honami before getting its commercial model name. In addition to Sirius, the network carrier will also release HTC M8 and Samsung Project K, which could be Galaxy S5.
Final Exterior Build
Leaked from T-Mobile Netherlands internal document features a little bit different Sony Sirius when compared to earlier prototype images. Apparently, Sony did some final changes in the design and exterior of Sirius such as clearer speaker's view and Xperia logo below the Sony text.
But certain hardware keys retained their positions such as volume rockers on the right below the iconic power key and a dedicated camera button at the most bottom of the right side, which were all similar with Sirius prototype model.
The image did not show if the rear part of Sirius is made of glass or aluminium frame yet we expect IP 55/58 certification for dust and water protections plus scratch-resistant display. But one of the latest leak images showed the new status bar icons on Android 4.4.2 KitKat running Sirius and the 20.7 MP Sony G lens camera.
If the information on the leaked document were correct, Sony would likely announce Xperia Sirius at the Mobile World Congress 2014 instead of its upcoming event in Jakarta on March 5.
Sony Mobile released a 16-second teaser trailer describing "Something extraordinary is coming" on Feb. 24, which was also one of the days on MWC.
The new video focused on a red cloth flying artistically but no part of whatever device has been shown in any part of the video but simply leave a specific date. But red cloth may describe Android KitKat that also takes the color which currently expected to run first on Sony Sirius with the latest Xperia Home UI launcher.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date