Aishwarya Rai and Jaya Bachchan Not Fighting, Says Spokesperson
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 24, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Continuous reports of discord between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and mother-in-law Jaya Bachchan have hogged the spotlight in the recent weeks.
Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan as brand ambassador of Prestige [Photo:Varinder Chawla]
Reports of a feud in Bollywood's A-list family emerged recently, after Aishwarya and Abhishek were reportedly seen fighting at Kokilaben Ambani's bash, allegedly due to the diva's uncomfortable equation with Jaya.
Photographs from the party showed Aishwarya with her husband and avoiding her mother-in-law. A similar situation was also noticed back in Ahana Deol's marriage function, where the two ladies were seen keeping distance.
Reports of conflict were further associated to previous rumours, which stated that Aishwarya and Abhishek were to move out of the family bungalow owing to Jaya's intrusive nature. It was reported that the "Guddi" actress' restrictive nature on the diva was the centre of the dispute.
However, Aishawrya spokesperson has now put an end to the rumours of tension in the household, and hinted that the gossip was a deliberate attempt to malign the family's image.
"We think somebody is deliberately spreading these rumours. Such reports keep coming up and the Bachchans have been ignoring these for years," the spokesperson told Times of India, adding, "In fact, some time back there were rumours of their divorce and Abhishek had tweeted about it calling it utter rubbish."
The former Miss World's personal life has been under constant media glare post her marriage to Abhishek. While the Bachchan family has stood tall and appeared together in numerous events, reports of conflict within the household refuse to die.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy