Xbox One Update: Scheduled for March Release; Introduces Media Remote, OneDrive Now Available Worldwide
By Aditya Bhat | February 24, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Microsoft has revealed that its next-generation console Xbox One will have "exciting" updates that will be rolling out in March.
A selected group of Xbox Live members will be invited to view the new features that will be rolling out in March, said Microsoft on Xbox Newswire. People who are selected will get a message from Xbox Live containing a token to register. These few selected people will be able to test all features and will have to provide feedback.
What to Expect in Xbox One Update? - Xbox One users can expect major improvements on multiplayer and party experiences.
Meanwhile, Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Games Studios answered questions on Twitter, where he said that Microsoft will have a presence in GDC 2014 but it will not be big, but for E3 2014, we can expect most news.
He was also asked why a lot of Xbox One games run 900p and not on 1080p, to which he said: "NO, I think you'll find over this generation games will use a variety of rez (resolution) and framerates."
Spencer also joked that Hironobu Sakaguchi's Final Fantasy for Xbox One will be releasing on 25 February. Sakaguchi, its creator is working on the Japanese Role-Playing Game (JRPG), Final Fantasy for Xbox One.
Microsoft Introduces Media Remote
Microsoft has announced in a post that it will be introducing Xbox One Media Remote to Xbox One markets around the world in early March.
Xbox One Media Remote will allow its users to control video playback for Blu-ray movies and streaming video on Xbox On. The remote also has dedicated Back and OneGuide buttons. OneGuide button will help users to jump to their Favorite TV show and movie in Xbox program guide in one-touch.
The Media Remote will also glow in dark with is backlit buttons and has a design that fits comfortably in the palm. It can also control TV/Receiver power and volume via Kinect.
The Xbox One Media Remote will be costing $24.99.
OneDrive Now Available Worldwide
Microsoft also announced that its OneDrive app will be available around the world and will be rolling out with updated features on Xbox, Windows Phone, iOS and Android. This will allow its users to connect all their content seamlessly on all devices.
Users can now share their gaming moments, play and watch slideshows. The app has auto-upload feature for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
The cloud storage space given for OneDrive users when they get an account is 7GB. Users can also gain extra storage space by enabling their camera roll back up and inviting more friends.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]