Xbox One Update: Scheduled for March Release; Introduces Media Remote, OneDrive Now Available Worldwide
By Aditya Bhat | February 24, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Microsoft has revealed that its next-generation console Xbox One will have "exciting" updates that will be rolling out in March.
A selected group of Xbox Live members will be invited to view the new features that will be rolling out in March, said Microsoft on Xbox Newswire. People who are selected will get a message from Xbox Live containing a token to register. These few selected people will be able to test all features and will have to provide feedback.
What to Expect in Xbox One Update? - Xbox One users can expect major improvements on multiplayer and party experiences.
Meanwhile, Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Games Studios answered questions on Twitter, where he said that Microsoft will have a presence in GDC 2014 but it will not be big, but for E3 2014, we can expect most news.
He was also asked why a lot of Xbox One games run 900p and not on 1080p, to which he said: "NO, I think you'll find over this generation games will use a variety of rez (resolution) and framerates."
Spencer also joked that Hironobu Sakaguchi's Final Fantasy for Xbox One will be releasing on 25 February. Sakaguchi, its creator is working on the Japanese Role-Playing Game (JRPG), Final Fantasy for Xbox One.
Microsoft Introduces Media Remote
Microsoft has announced in a post that it will be introducing Xbox One Media Remote to Xbox One markets around the world in early March.
Xbox One Media Remote will allow its users to control video playback for Blu-ray movies and streaming video on Xbox On. The remote also has dedicated Back and OneGuide buttons. OneGuide button will help users to jump to their Favorite TV show and movie in Xbox program guide in one-touch.
The Media Remote will also glow in dark with is backlit buttons and has a design that fits comfortably in the palm. It can also control TV/Receiver power and volume via Kinect.
The Xbox One Media Remote will be costing $24.99.
OneDrive Now Available Worldwide
Microsoft also announced that its OneDrive app will be available around the world and will be rolling out with updated features on Xbox, Windows Phone, iOS and Android. This will allow its users to connect all their content seamlessly on all devices.
Users can now share their gaming moments, play and watch slideshows. The app has auto-upload feature for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
The cloud storage space given for OneDrive users when they get an account is 7GB. Users can also gain extra storage space by enabling their camera roll back up and inviting more friends.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar