Katy Perry: 'Roar' Singer Booed Off The Moschino Show Catwalk, Crowd Waited For 50 Minutes at Milan Fashion Week [WATCH VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 24, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Katy Perry was supposed to make a stylish guest appearance at friend Jeremy Scott's debut fashion collection for Moschino at the Milan Fashion Week but it turned unpleasant. Ms Perry made the crowd wait for 50 minutes so the upset fashionistas and photographers at the event booed the "Roar" singer off the catwalk for her behavior.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Ian Somerhalder on Twitter: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Express Grief on Tragic Death of TVD Crew Member Sarah Jones
'Supernatural' Spin-Off Series Casting News: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Nathaniel Buzolic Gets Cast in CW's 'Supernatural: Tribes' with Lucien Laviscount
According to the Mail Online report, the Autumn/Winter 2014 show that will display the American fashion designer's first collection at the Corso Venezia has been scheduled to start at 8 pm last Thursday, February 20, but it has been delayed until Katy Perry finally arrived at the event.
The 29-year-old singer had a brief photo shoot on the catwalk in her black and gold dress and coat but the crowd booed her off. "You're all going to get your picture, so shut the f**k up," Ms Perry stated to the crowd in the News.com.au report but the embarrassment made the singer immediately head towards her seat before the lights dimmed for the fashion show. Watch below the YouTube video of Katy Perry's late arrival at the Moschino fashion show.
An unnamed onlooker at the Moschino show revealed to Us Weekly that Katy Perry was "upset over the incident" while an insider claimed that the singer was given the instruction to come at that time. Meanwhile, the people who were not impressed with Katy Perry's tardiness included the Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire UK, Trish Halpin and the fashion editor for the Financial Times, Vanessa Friedman.
Both Ms Halpin and Ms Friedman shared what happened at the fashion show and expressed their opinion about it on social networking site Twitter. Another guest celebrity attacked for arriving 45 minutes late at the event was Katy Perry's friend and fellow pop singer Rita Ora.
— Vanessa Friedman (@VVFriedman) February 20, 2014
Rita Ora shows up @Moschino 45 minutes late. I guess that's what we were waiting for? #MFW #FTLuxury — Vanessa Friedman (@VVFriedman) February 20, 2014
Katy Perry keeping us waiting @moschino going to be late for dinner. That's the problem with celebs at fashion week
— Trish Halpin (@TrishHalpin) February 20, 2014
The Moschino event is the first time for designer Jeremy Scott to showcase his fashion designs for the house. Mr Scott, who got appointed as the creative director last October 2013, has included the knitwear emblazoned with an image of cartoon character SpongeBob and a sweater riffing on McDonald's golden arches with the iconic slogan "Over 20 billion served" in his creations.
More Articles to Read:
Katy Perry is a Dancing Neon Coloured Egyptian for 'Dark Horse' Performance at the 2014 BRIT Awards [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Miley Cyrus Makes Out with Katy Perry, Wakes Up to Roses: Who's her Secret Admirer? - [READ]
Miley Cyrus: The Show Must Go On, Bangerz Tour Not Cancelled Despite Flow of Parents' Complaints on Miley's Raunchy Performances - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate