The New Orleans Pelicans have shown flashes of brilliance in the first half of the season but have been on a recent funk of late going just 1-5 in their last six games. They’ll need to get back on track if they want a shot at the playoffs when they host the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The Pelicans also want to avoid a fourth straight loss after suffering defeats versus the New York Knicks, 98-91; Charlotte Bobcats, 90-87; and Washington Wizards, 94-93—all games after the NBA All-Star break.
New Orleans budding superstar Anthony Davis had 26 points (11/18 FG) and 11 rebounds against the Wiz, which eked out the win after a slam dunk by Nene with 0.9 seconds to go in the game. Anthony Morrow came off the bench for New Orleans with 18 points (3/3 3FG) for New Orleans which only got 22 points (7/29 FG) from the rest of the starters.
Meanwhile, the Clippers are coming off a statement win over rivals Oklahoma City Thunder in their last outing. Los Angeles won to the tune of 125-117 and in the process avoided a three-game losing streak.
It was a total team effort from the Clippers on offense as five starters finished in double-figure scoring led by Jamal Crawford's 36 points (13/20 FG, 5/8 3FG) and Matt Barnes’ 24 points (6 three-pointers). Blake Griffin added 20 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists while Chris Paul had 18 markers and 12 dimes.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 games in New Orleans
- The Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
New Orleans Pelicans Trends
- The Pelicans are 1-3-2 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Pelicans are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Pelicans are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games vs. the Clippers in New Orleans
To contact the editor, e-mail: