NBA Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 4:17 PM EST
The New Orleans Pelicans have shown flashes of brilliance in the first half of the season but have been on a recent funk of late going just 1-5 in their last six games. They’ll need to get back on track if they want a shot at the playoffs when they host the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
NBA: New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Raptors
The Pelicans also want to avoid a fourth straight loss after suffering defeats versus the New York Knicks, 98-91; Charlotte Bobcats, 90-87; and Washington Wizards, 94-93—all games after the NBA All-Star break.
New Orleans budding superstar Anthony Davis had 26 points (11/18 FG) and 11 rebounds against the Wiz, which eked out the win after a slam dunk by Nene with 0.9 seconds to go in the game. Anthony Morrow came off the bench for New Orleans with 18 points (3/3 3FG) for New Orleans which only got 22 points (7/29 FG) from the rest of the starters.
Meanwhile, the Clippers are coming off a statement win over rivals Oklahoma City Thunder in their last outing. Los Angeles won to the tune of 125-117 and in the process avoided a three-game losing streak.
It was a total team effort from the Clippers on offense as five starters finished in double-figure scoring led by Jamal Crawford's 36 points (13/20 FG, 5/8 3FG) and Matt Barnes’ 24 points (6 three-pointers). Blake Griffin added 20 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists while Chris Paul had 18 markers and 12 dimes.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 games in New Orleans
- The Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
New Orleans Pelicans Trends
- The Pelicans are 1-3-2 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Pelicans are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Pelicans are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games vs. the Clippers in New Orleans
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon