NBA Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 4:17 PM EST
The New Orleans Pelicans have shown flashes of brilliance in the first half of the season but have been on a recent funk of late going just 1-5 in their last six games. They’ll need to get back on track if they want a shot at the playoffs when they host the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
NBA: New Orleans Pelicans at Toronto Raptors
The Pelicans also want to avoid a fourth straight loss after suffering defeats versus the New York Knicks, 98-91; Charlotte Bobcats, 90-87; and Washington Wizards, 94-93—all games after the NBA All-Star break.
New Orleans budding superstar Anthony Davis had 26 points (11/18 FG) and 11 rebounds against the Wiz, which eked out the win after a slam dunk by Nene with 0.9 seconds to go in the game. Anthony Morrow came off the bench for New Orleans with 18 points (3/3 3FG) for New Orleans which only got 22 points (7/29 FG) from the rest of the starters.
Meanwhile, the Clippers are coming off a statement win over rivals Oklahoma City Thunder in their last outing. Los Angeles won to the tune of 125-117 and in the process avoided a three-game losing streak.
It was a total team effort from the Clippers on offense as five starters finished in double-figure scoring led by Jamal Crawford's 36 points (13/20 FG, 5/8 3FG) and Matt Barnes’ 24 points (6 three-pointers). Blake Griffin added 20 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists while Chris Paul had 18 markers and 12 dimes.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 games in New Orleans
- The Clippers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
New Orleans Pelicans Trends
- The Pelicans are 1-3-2 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Pelicans are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Pelicans are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games vs. the Clippers in New Orleans
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed