PS4 Updates: PS4 UK Scarcity to Last Until April, February Releases Revealed
By Gel Galang | February 24, 2014 4:04 PM EST
The PS4 has been launched and out in the market for 3 months already, and still scarcity of supplies is still felt by a number of gamers who don't have their next-gen consoles yet.
According to Express, it seems that this will be the case for some until April 2014. The 5.3 million units sold may be the understatement of how the PS4 is one of the most sought-after devices currently, and Sony seems to still be working on how to meet the growing demands for the console.
*"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is something to watch out for, as a new gameplay hands-on video released shows a very interesting shooter game: Check it out here for more.
"I can't work it out precisely [on when the PS4 will be available]. But based on what I've seen so far, I think it is going to be tricky until around about April," said Fergal Gara, PlayStation UK managing director said in a statement quoted by Express.
This is quite the different scenario with the PS4 launch over in Japan, wherein DualShockers reports that the need for scalpers, or those who purchase the PS4 consoles and sell them at a higher price, were just a small factor in the event.
Previously, there were a lot of eBay sales for PS4s during the launch period, with prices jacked up to $1,000 in some cases. According to the report, the unsuccessful scalpers were due to the fact that despite the PS4 being sold out in the pre-orders, SCE Japan and Asia president Hiroshi Kawano has promised that they would ensure good volume of units at launch. That and the fact that online buying is fast becoming a habit in Japan.
*This is why it's safe to hope that "Far Cry 4" is coming sooner than a lot later: Read the full story here.
New Releases for February Revealed
Starting Feb 25, the PS4's The Drop will feature quite a number of goodies,starting with "Thief" dropping in for the PS4 and PS3. The re-imagined stealth game is just one of those that will be made available for the PlayStation, as the PlayStation Blog lists down some new games up for download.
The PS4 will also get "Basement Crawl," the strategic horror game that takes its roots from the "Bomberman" series. Gamers can enjoy both offline and online modes for this game, and can take on four characters as they go through traps and modes.
The PS3 will get "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2," which will continue the original story of the Belmont family. It will also feature some fluid combat and weapons and discoveries of other secrets in the series.
*A new Tony Hawk game is in the works! Read here for more.
"Magus" will also be dropping by the PS3. This seems interesting in that the game will feature forgotten gods whose powers have waned, as well as a quest of one devoted Kinna to change lives via magical abilities. The game comes from publisher Aksys, also responsible for "Virtue's Last Reward."
"Pac-Man Museum" will also be coming in for the PS3, which include hints of the classic games as well as "Pac-Man Championship Edition." "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles" from developer Namco Bandai will also be available for the PS3. Lastly, the niche-targeted game "Port Royal 3 Gold Edition" will also be docking on the PS3 on Feb 25.
"Mahjong World Contest" will be available for the PS4 Vita, while "Herc's Adventures," the Greek hero, will be a PSOne Classic digital release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- HTC Desire 516 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup