Liverpool FC Transfer News: Rivals Everton Target Reds Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 24, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Bitter rivals Everton are targeting Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen for a summer swoop.
After suffering a series of injuries this season, the former Swansea man has found it hard to see regular first-team action, while the revelation of teammate Jordan Henderson could on make matters worse for the Wales international.
Rivals Everton are keen on bringing in Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen
Toffees boss Roberto Martinez was the person in charge at the Liberty Stadium when Allen was given his break during his teenage years, and the former could be getting a player who can play under his system straight away.
The 23-year-old still has three years remaining in his contract and might cost the Reds' neighbours around £12million, but the most important aspect of the rumoured deal is the fact that both sides hate each other to the guts, at least on the pitch, and that such move will never please die hard supporters.
In any case, it has been 22 long years since the blue section of Merseyside was able to acquire a player from Liverpool in defender Gary Ablett, but times have changed and even the worst of enemies are able to pan out an agreement.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists