Liverpool FC Transfer News: Rivals Everton Target Reds Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 24, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Bitter rivals Everton are targeting Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen for a summer swoop.
After suffering a series of injuries this season, the former Swansea man has found it hard to see regular first-team action, while the revelation of teammate Jordan Henderson could on make matters worse for the Wales international.
Rivals Everton are keen on bringing in Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen
Toffees boss Roberto Martinez was the person in charge at the Liberty Stadium when Allen was given his break during his teenage years, and the former could be getting a player who can play under his system straight away.
The 23-year-old still has three years remaining in his contract and might cost the Reds' neighbours around £12million, but the most important aspect of the rumoured deal is the fact that both sides hate each other to the guts, at least on the pitch, and that such move will never please die hard supporters.
In any case, it has been 22 long years since the blue section of Merseyside was able to acquire a player from Liverpool in defender Gary Ablett, but times have changed and even the worst of enemies are able to pan out an agreement.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider