Liverpool FC Transfer News: Rivals Everton Target Reds Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 24, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Bitter rivals Everton are targeting Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen for a summer swoop.
After suffering a series of injuries this season, the former Swansea man has found it hard to see regular first-team action, while the revelation of teammate Jordan Henderson could on make matters worse for the Wales international.
Rivals Everton are keen on bringing in Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen
Toffees boss Roberto Martinez was the person in charge at the Liberty Stadium when Allen was given his break during his teenage years, and the former could be getting a player who can play under his system straight away.
The 23-year-old still has three years remaining in his contract and might cost the Reds' neighbours around £12million, but the most important aspect of the rumoured deal is the fact that both sides hate each other to the guts, at least on the pitch, and that such move will never please die hard supporters.
In any case, it has been 22 long years since the blue section of Merseyside was able to acquire a player from Liverpool in defender Gary Ablett, but times have changed and even the worst of enemies are able to pan out an agreement.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia