After Vijay's 'Thuppakki', Will it be Ajith's 'Arrambam' Remake for Akshay Kumar?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds is that Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar might star in the remake of Ajith's 2013 hit film "Arrambam."
Akshay Kumar (Reuters)
It is well known that Bollywood has a fascination for remaking south films. In the past, some of the biggest Bollywood stars including Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have starred in the Hindi remake of popular south films that in turn have turned out to be big hits.
The trend seems to continue even today with several upcoming Bollywood remakes gearing up for release and a few others having been announced. Recently, speculations were rife that Ajith's latest release "Veeram" is getting remade with Salman Khan in the lead. Rumours of "Arrambam" being remade in Hindi have been doing the rounds ever since the film hit screens and received positive feedback.
Now, reports suggest that "Khiladi" Kumar has bagged the remake rights of the Ajith starrer. It seems that Akshay is reportedly happy with "Arrambam" content and feels the role played by Ajith would suit him. However, an official announcement regarding the remake version is yet to be made.
"Arrambam" is one of the biggest hits in Ajith's career and reportedly grossed over ₹100 crore at the worldwide box office. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" story revolves around a former member of the anti-terrorist squad, who is on a mission to expose the scam in connection with faulty bullet proof jackets.
Buzz is that Vishnu Vardhan might helm the Hindi remake of "Arrambam." If the rumours of Akshay doing the remake turn out to be true, it will be the actor's fifth Bollywood remake of south films.
Previously, the actor starred in "Rowdy Rathore", which is remake of Telugu film "Vikramarkudu" ("Siruthai" in Tamil). Last year, he starred in "Boss" which is a Malayalam film "Pokkiri Raja". His upcoming film "Holiday" - A Soldier is Never off Duty" is a remake of Vijay's blockbuster flick "Thuppakki." The actor is also doing the lead role in "Gabbar", which again is a remake of Tamil film "Ramana", starring Vijayakanth.
Also read about the buzz surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon film's release date HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown