After Vijay's 'Thuppakki', Will it be Ajith's 'Arrambam' Remake for Akshay Kumar?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds is that Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar might star in the remake of Ajith's 2013 hit film "Arrambam."
Akshay Kumar (Reuters)
It is well known that Bollywood has a fascination for remaking south films. In the past, some of the biggest Bollywood stars including Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have starred in the Hindi remake of popular south films that in turn have turned out to be big hits.
The trend seems to continue even today with several upcoming Bollywood remakes gearing up for release and a few others having been announced. Recently, speculations were rife that Ajith's latest release "Veeram" is getting remade with Salman Khan in the lead. Rumours of "Arrambam" being remade in Hindi have been doing the rounds ever since the film hit screens and received positive feedback.
Now, reports suggest that "Khiladi" Kumar has bagged the remake rights of the Ajith starrer. It seems that Akshay is reportedly happy with "Arrambam" content and feels the role played by Ajith would suit him. However, an official announcement regarding the remake version is yet to be made.
"Arrambam" is one of the biggest hits in Ajith's career and reportedly grossed over ₹100 crore at the worldwide box office. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" story revolves around a former member of the anti-terrorist squad, who is on a mission to expose the scam in connection with faulty bullet proof jackets.
Buzz is that Vishnu Vardhan might helm the Hindi remake of "Arrambam." If the rumours of Akshay doing the remake turn out to be true, it will be the actor's fifth Bollywood remake of south films.
Previously, the actor starred in "Rowdy Rathore", which is remake of Telugu film "Vikramarkudu" ("Siruthai" in Tamil). Last year, he starred in "Boss" which is a Malayalam film "Pokkiri Raja". His upcoming film "Holiday" - A Soldier is Never off Duty" is a remake of Vijay's blockbuster flick "Thuppakki." The actor is also doing the lead role in "Gabbar", which again is a remake of Tamil film "Ramana", starring Vijayakanth.
Also read about the buzz surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon film's release date HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money