After Vijay's 'Thuppakki', Will it be Ajith's 'Arrambam' Remake for Akshay Kumar?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds is that Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar might star in the remake of Ajith's 2013 hit film "Arrambam."
Akshay Kumar (Reuters)
It is well known that Bollywood has a fascination for remaking south films. In the past, some of the biggest Bollywood stars including Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have starred in the Hindi remake of popular south films that in turn have turned out to be big hits.
The trend seems to continue even today with several upcoming Bollywood remakes gearing up for release and a few others having been announced. Recently, speculations were rife that Ajith's latest release "Veeram" is getting remade with Salman Khan in the lead. Rumours of "Arrambam" being remade in Hindi have been doing the rounds ever since the film hit screens and received positive feedback.
Now, reports suggest that "Khiladi" Kumar has bagged the remake rights of the Ajith starrer. It seems that Akshay is reportedly happy with "Arrambam" content and feels the role played by Ajith would suit him. However, an official announcement regarding the remake version is yet to be made.
"Arrambam" is one of the biggest hits in Ajith's career and reportedly grossed over ₹100 crore at the worldwide box office. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" story revolves around a former member of the anti-terrorist squad, who is on a mission to expose the scam in connection with faulty bullet proof jackets.
Buzz is that Vishnu Vardhan might helm the Hindi remake of "Arrambam." If the rumours of Akshay doing the remake turn out to be true, it will be the actor's fifth Bollywood remake of south films.
Previously, the actor starred in "Rowdy Rathore", which is remake of Telugu film "Vikramarkudu" ("Siruthai" in Tamil). Last year, he starred in "Boss" which is a Malayalam film "Pokkiri Raja". His upcoming film "Holiday" - A Soldier is Never off Duty" is a remake of Vijay's blockbuster flick "Thuppakki." The actor is also doing the lead role in "Gabbar", which again is a remake of Tamil film "Ramana", starring Vijayakanth.
Also read about the buzz surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon film's release date HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]