After Vijay's 'Thuppakki', Will it be Ajith's 'Arrambam' Remake for Akshay Kumar?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds is that Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar might star in the remake of Ajith's 2013 hit film "Arrambam."
Akshay Kumar (Reuters)
It is well known that Bollywood has a fascination for remaking south films. In the past, some of the biggest Bollywood stars including Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have starred in the Hindi remake of popular south films that in turn have turned out to be big hits.
The trend seems to continue even today with several upcoming Bollywood remakes gearing up for release and a few others having been announced. Recently, speculations were rife that Ajith's latest release "Veeram" is getting remade with Salman Khan in the lead. Rumours of "Arrambam" being remade in Hindi have been doing the rounds ever since the film hit screens and received positive feedback.
Now, reports suggest that "Khiladi" Kumar has bagged the remake rights of the Ajith starrer. It seems that Akshay is reportedly happy with "Arrambam" content and feels the role played by Ajith would suit him. However, an official announcement regarding the remake version is yet to be made.
"Arrambam" is one of the biggest hits in Ajith's career and reportedly grossed over ₹100 crore at the worldwide box office. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" story revolves around a former member of the anti-terrorist squad, who is on a mission to expose the scam in connection with faulty bullet proof jackets.
Buzz is that Vishnu Vardhan might helm the Hindi remake of "Arrambam." If the rumours of Akshay doing the remake turn out to be true, it will be the actor's fifth Bollywood remake of south films.
Previously, the actor starred in "Rowdy Rathore", which is remake of Telugu film "Vikramarkudu" ("Siruthai" in Tamil). Last year, he starred in "Boss" which is a Malayalam film "Pokkiri Raja". His upcoming film "Holiday" - A Soldier is Never off Duty" is a remake of Vijay's blockbuster flick "Thuppakki." The actor is also doing the lead role in "Gabbar", which again is a remake of Tamil film "Ramana", starring Vijayakanth.
Also read about the buzz surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon film's release date HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop