After Vijay's 'Thuppakki', Will it be Ajith's 'Arrambam' Remake for Akshay Kumar?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Latest buzz doing the rounds is that Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar might star in the remake of Ajith's 2013 hit film "Arrambam."
Akshay Kumar (Reuters)
It is well known that Bollywood has a fascination for remaking south films. In the past, some of the biggest Bollywood stars including Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar have starred in the Hindi remake of popular south films that in turn have turned out to be big hits.
The trend seems to continue even today with several upcoming Bollywood remakes gearing up for release and a few others having been announced. Recently, speculations were rife that Ajith's latest release "Veeram" is getting remade with Salman Khan in the lead. Rumours of "Arrambam" being remade in Hindi have been doing the rounds ever since the film hit screens and received positive feedback.
Now, reports suggest that "Khiladi" Kumar has bagged the remake rights of the Ajith starrer. It seems that Akshay is reportedly happy with "Arrambam" content and feels the role played by Ajith would suit him. However, an official announcement regarding the remake version is yet to be made.
"Arrambam" is one of the biggest hits in Ajith's career and reportedly grossed over ₹100 crore at the worldwide box office. Directed by Vishnu Vardhan, "Arrambam" story revolves around a former member of the anti-terrorist squad, who is on a mission to expose the scam in connection with faulty bullet proof jackets.
Buzz is that Vishnu Vardhan might helm the Hindi remake of "Arrambam." If the rumours of Akshay doing the remake turn out to be true, it will be the actor's fifth Bollywood remake of south films.
Previously, the actor starred in "Rowdy Rathore", which is remake of Telugu film "Vikramarkudu" ("Siruthai" in Tamil). Last year, he starred in "Boss" which is a Malayalam film "Pokkiri Raja". His upcoming film "Holiday" - A Soldier is Never off Duty" is a remake of Vijay's blockbuster flick "Thuppakki." The actor is also doing the lead role in "Gabbar", which again is a remake of Tamil film "Ramana", starring Vijayakanth.
Also read about the buzz surrounding Ajith-Gautham Menon film's release date HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage