‘The Avengers’ Age of Ultron Production Update and Release Date
By Sachin Trivedi | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Marvel has announced that some elements of the upcoming movie "The Avengers" Age of Ultron will be produced in South Korea. The movie is set for release in 2015 as producers work hard to bring the story to life.
"The Avengers" Age of Ultron is the sequel to the highly successful movie released in 2012, which reportedly made over $600 million worldwide. The movie contains use of heavy graphics and action sequence.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism the upcoming movie will have some of its elements produced in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. The move is expected to create jobs and benefit the local film industry.
"South Korea is the perfect location for a movie of this magnitude because it features cutting-edge technology, beautiful landscapes and spectacular architecture," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios and producer of Marvel's "The Avengers" Age of Ultron.
The plot of the movie revolves around the heroes once again assembling to fight a sentient robot known as Ultron. Many of the cast from the first movies will be returning to play the role of the fans' favourite heroes.
The cast of the movie includes Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk and Don Cheadle as Colonel James Rhodes. The main villain Ultron will be played by James Spader.
The locations where the "The Avengers" Age of Ultron will be produced apart from Seoul, South Korea include London, United Kingdom; Johannesburg, South Africa and Aosta Valley, Italy. More filming locations are yet to be announced.
Fans of the popular movie franchise in South Korea are excited about the news and many are wondering if it is possible to join the movie to make their contribution. If some of the scenes are filmed in the capital city the producers may require some extras in the background on the production set.
"The Avengers" Age of Ultron is expected to be released on May 1 2015 in the U.S. The movie is turning out to be one of the most highly anticipated movies in 2015. Will the sequel be able to make waves in the international market like first movie?
More Articles to Read
Will Winds of Winter be Released After 'Game of Thrones' Season 5? Advance Screening of Season 4 [Read]
'Hannibal' Season 2 New Posters Revealed Release Date in Feb [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys