‘The Avengers’ Age of Ultron Production Update and Release Date
By Sachin Trivedi | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Marvel has announced that some elements of the upcoming movie "The Avengers" Age of Ultron will be produced in South Korea. The movie is set for release in 2015 as producers work hard to bring the story to life.
"The Avengers" Age of Ultron is the sequel to the highly successful movie released in 2012, which reportedly made over $600 million worldwide. The movie contains use of heavy graphics and action sequence.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism the upcoming movie will have some of its elements produced in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. The move is expected to create jobs and benefit the local film industry.
"South Korea is the perfect location for a movie of this magnitude because it features cutting-edge technology, beautiful landscapes and spectacular architecture," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios and producer of Marvel's "The Avengers" Age of Ultron.
The plot of the movie revolves around the heroes once again assembling to fight a sentient robot known as Ultron. Many of the cast from the first movies will be returning to play the role of the fans' favourite heroes.
The cast of the movie includes Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk and Don Cheadle as Colonel James Rhodes. The main villain Ultron will be played by James Spader.
The locations where the "The Avengers" Age of Ultron will be produced apart from Seoul, South Korea include London, United Kingdom; Johannesburg, South Africa and Aosta Valley, Italy. More filming locations are yet to be announced.
Fans of the popular movie franchise in South Korea are excited about the news and many are wondering if it is possible to join the movie to make their contribution. If some of the scenes are filmed in the capital city the producers may require some extras in the background on the production set.
"The Avengers" Age of Ultron is expected to be released on May 1 2015 in the U.S. The movie is turning out to be one of the most highly anticipated movies in 2015. Will the sequel be able to make waves in the international market like first movie?
More Articles to Read
Will Winds of Winter be Released After 'Game of Thrones' Season 5? Advance Screening of Season 4 [Read]
'Hannibal' Season 2 New Posters Revealed Release Date in Feb [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS