‘The Avengers’ Age of Ultron Production Update and Release Date
By Sachin Trivedi | February 24, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Marvel has announced that some elements of the upcoming movie "The Avengers" Age of Ultron will be produced in South Korea. The movie is set for release in 2015 as producers work hard to bring the story to life.
"The Avengers" Age of Ultron is the sequel to the highly successful movie released in 2012, which reportedly made over $600 million worldwide. The movie contains use of heavy graphics and action sequence.
Thanks to the support of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism the upcoming movie will have some of its elements produced in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. The move is expected to create jobs and benefit the local film industry.
"South Korea is the perfect location for a movie of this magnitude because it features cutting-edge technology, beautiful landscapes and spectacular architecture," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios and producer of Marvel's "The Avengers" Age of Ultron.
The plot of the movie revolves around the heroes once again assembling to fight a sentient robot known as Ultron. Many of the cast from the first movies will be returning to play the role of the fans' favourite heroes.
The cast of the movie includes Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk and Don Cheadle as Colonel James Rhodes. The main villain Ultron will be played by James Spader.
The locations where the "The Avengers" Age of Ultron will be produced apart from Seoul, South Korea include London, United Kingdom; Johannesburg, South Africa and Aosta Valley, Italy. More filming locations are yet to be announced.
Fans of the popular movie franchise in South Korea are excited about the news and many are wondering if it is possible to join the movie to make their contribution. If some of the scenes are filmed in the capital city the producers may require some extras in the background on the production set.
"The Avengers" Age of Ultron is expected to be released on May 1 2015 in the U.S. The movie is turning out to be one of the most highly anticipated movies in 2015. Will the sequel be able to make waves in the international market like first movie?
More Articles to Read
Will Winds of Winter be Released After 'Game of Thrones' Season 5? Advance Screening of Season 4 [Read]
'Hannibal' Season 2 New Posters Revealed Release Date in Feb [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales