Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date to Kick Off MWC 2014 with Two Models [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 24, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 release date will be on Feb 24 in Barcelona, Spain, alongside Galaxy Gear 2. The handset is rumoured to come in two models.
Pheonix Pham by Concept-Phones
Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image by Pheonix Pham
According to rumours, two Samsung Galaxy S5 variants are coming this year. Leaked benchmarks proved that two models of the handset were on their way, with one of the models serving as the premium model. The superior variant with the code SM-G900R4 will come with Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974AC, a 2.5-GHz quad-core processor in the benchmarks; coupled with 3 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, 32 GB onboard storage; a 2,560×1,400 QHD display, 16-MP rear camera, 2.1-MP front camera as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The low-end model, on the other, has the code SM-G900H is speculated to include features such as Samsung Exynos 5422, an octacore 1.5 GHz processor; 2 GB RAM, ARM Mali-T628 GPU; 16 GB internal storage; 1,920×1,080 pixel resolution display; 16-MP rear and 2.1-MP front cameras; and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
These models could also mean U.S. and the international versions of the device. However, the aforementioned specs and features are unofficial until Samsung says so.
The Samsung Unpacked 2014 will kick off the Mobile World Congress. Press invitations were already sent earlier and a lot of Web sites will cover the company's launch event.
Samsung took things overly digital this year, as waiting fans who failed to book a flight to Spain can watch the launch live on Samsung's official YouTube channel and follow the highlights of the event on Samsung's official blog Samsung Tomorrow.
The event is scheduled to take place at 7 pm GMT. Aussies who wanted to watch the livestream must tune in at 5 am on Feb 25. Interested buyers may purchase the device around March or April. There is also a chance that Samsung will offer the new Galaxy S handset right away.
Watch the video of the device's trailer below:
(Credit: YouTube/Samsung Mobile)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide