Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset Press Render Leaked Online Before Official Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 24, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Nokia fans were teased with a leaked press render of the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset before its expected official launch at the 2014 Mobile World Congess (MWC). Notable device source @evleaks shared on social networking site Twitter an image of the new Nokia device rumoured to run on the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 operating system.
Nokia Lumia 630, 2014 pic.twitter.com/hrxVCYfkiQ
— @evleaks (@evleaks) February 23, 2014
In the press lender leaked, the Nokia Lumia 630, or previously codenamed the "Moneypenny" smartphone, features the on-screen navigation control buttons on the device for the Back, Start and Bing search function. The GSMArena report claims the successor of the Nokia Lumia 620 will be supporting the third live tile column.
The leaked Nokia Lumia 630 press render also shows the usual tiles-based UI of the upcoming Windows Phone handset, its support for 3G connectivity and the Live Tiles on the Start screen for the Nokia features or apps such as the Nokia MixRadio, HERE Maps, Internet Explorer, Photos, SkyDrive, Microsoft Office, Instagram, Asphalt 8, Vine and Vimeo apps. When it comes to the handset's design, the Nokia Lumia 630 appears to have the familiar look found on the Nokia Lumia 620 with its rounded corners.
According to NDTV Gadgets, Microsoft announced over the weekend that the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 OS would support on-screen or "soft" buttons and company Vice President Joe Belfiore hopes it can allow the "OEMs to use the same hardware for both Android and Windows Phone devices."
The Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset expected features and specs include a 4.3-inch WVGA screen display, a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8MP rear-facing camera, 2000mAh battery and 8 GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded with the available microSD card slot.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has a scheduled event at the 2014 Mobile World Congress where the Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to make an appearance along with the other Nokia devices like the Nokia Lumia 930, 635 and the Nokia X Android phone. The 2014 Mobile World Congress is scheduled to take place on Feb 24 until Feb 27 in Barcelona, Spain and Nokia's press conference called "Meet Us Under The Tree" has been set on Monday, Feb 24, from 8:30 - 9:30 am local time.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: New Nokia Handset To Be Launched at 2014 Mobile World Congress Along with Nokia Lumia 630, 635 and Nokia X Android Phone? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 1020: AT&T Offers Low Price of $49.99 For Windows Phone Handset - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge