Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset Press Render Leaked Online Before Official Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 24, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Nokia fans were teased with a leaked press render of the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset before its expected official launch at the 2014 Mobile World Congess (MWC). Notable device source @evleaks shared on social networking site Twitter an image of the new Nokia device rumoured to run on the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 operating system.
Nokia Lumia 630, 2014 pic.twitter.com/hrxVCYfkiQ
— @evleaks (@evleaks) February 23, 2014
In the press lender leaked, the Nokia Lumia 630, or previously codenamed the "Moneypenny" smartphone, features the on-screen navigation control buttons on the device for the Back, Start and Bing search function. The GSMArena report claims the successor of the Nokia Lumia 620 will be supporting the third live tile column.
The leaked Nokia Lumia 630 press render also shows the usual tiles-based UI of the upcoming Windows Phone handset, its support for 3G connectivity and the Live Tiles on the Start screen for the Nokia features or apps such as the Nokia MixRadio, HERE Maps, Internet Explorer, Photos, SkyDrive, Microsoft Office, Instagram, Asphalt 8, Vine and Vimeo apps. When it comes to the handset's design, the Nokia Lumia 630 appears to have the familiar look found on the Nokia Lumia 620 with its rounded corners.
According to NDTV Gadgets, Microsoft announced over the weekend that the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 OS would support on-screen or "soft" buttons and company Vice President Joe Belfiore hopes it can allow the "OEMs to use the same hardware for both Android and Windows Phone devices."
The Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset expected features and specs include a 4.3-inch WVGA screen display, a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8MP rear-facing camera, 2000mAh battery and 8 GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded with the available microSD card slot.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has a scheduled event at the 2014 Mobile World Congress where the Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to make an appearance along with the other Nokia devices like the Nokia Lumia 930, 635 and the Nokia X Android phone. The 2014 Mobile World Congress is scheduled to take place on Feb 24 until Feb 27 in Barcelona, Spain and Nokia's press conference called "Meet Us Under The Tree" has been set on Monday, Feb 24, from 8:30 - 9:30 am local time.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: New Nokia Handset To Be Launched at 2014 Mobile World Congress Along with Nokia Lumia 630, 635 and Nokia X Android Phone? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 1020: AT&T Offers Low Price of $49.99 For Windows Phone Handset - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments