Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset Press Render Leaked Online Before Official Launch
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 24, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Nokia fans were teased with a leaked press render of the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset before its expected official launch at the 2014 Mobile World Congess (MWC). Notable device source @evleaks shared on social networking site Twitter an image of the new Nokia device rumoured to run on the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 operating system.
Nokia Lumia 630, 2014 pic.twitter.com/hrxVCYfkiQ
— @evleaks (@evleaks) February 23, 2014
In the press lender leaked, the Nokia Lumia 630, or previously codenamed the "Moneypenny" smartphone, features the on-screen navigation control buttons on the device for the Back, Start and Bing search function. The GSMArena report claims the successor of the Nokia Lumia 620 will be supporting the third live tile column.
The leaked Nokia Lumia 630 press render also shows the usual tiles-based UI of the upcoming Windows Phone handset, its support for 3G connectivity and the Live Tiles on the Start screen for the Nokia features or apps such as the Nokia MixRadio, HERE Maps, Internet Explorer, Photos, SkyDrive, Microsoft Office, Instagram, Asphalt 8, Vine and Vimeo apps. When it comes to the handset's design, the Nokia Lumia 630 appears to have the familiar look found on the Nokia Lumia 620 with its rounded corners.
According to NDTV Gadgets, Microsoft announced over the weekend that the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 OS would support on-screen or "soft" buttons and company Vice President Joe Belfiore hopes it can allow the "OEMs to use the same hardware for both Android and Windows Phone devices."
The Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset expected features and specs include a 4.3-inch WVGA screen display, a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8MP rear-facing camera, 2000mAh battery and 8 GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded with the available microSD card slot.
The Finnish smartphone manufacturer has a scheduled event at the 2014 Mobile World Congress where the Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to make an appearance along with the other Nokia devices like the Nokia Lumia 930, 635 and the Nokia X Android phone. The 2014 Mobile World Congress is scheduled to take place on Feb 24 until Feb 27 in Barcelona, Spain and Nokia's press conference called "Meet Us Under The Tree" has been set on Monday, Feb 24, from 8:30 - 9:30 am local time.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: New Nokia Handset To Be Launched at 2014 Mobile World Congress Along with Nokia Lumia 630, 635 and Nokia X Android Phone? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 1020: AT&T Offers Low Price of $49.99 For Windows Phone Handset - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 520: Lumia Black Update Begins Rolling Out For Windows Phone Handset, Nokia Lumia 720 Also Receives Latest Update - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions