Justin Bieber Drops New Song 'Broken' After Canadian Hockey Team Victory [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | February 24, 2014 2:55 PM EST
He might have a hard time with the law but Canadian singer Justin Bieber is back on track as he released a new track, "Broken." The controversial singer had surprised fans with his new song that tells a lot of what he is going through right now as he unveiled "Broken" on livemixtapes.com on Friday evening, Feb. 21.
Pop singer Justin Bieber appears via video conference in his first court appearance after being arrested on a drunk driving charge in Miami, Florida in this file photo taken January 23, 2014. Bieber, who racked up charges in two cities in the span of a week, would be wise to use provocative songstress Miley Cyrus as his guide to navigate the transition from teen pop stardom to a serious adult career, branding and celebrity crisis experts said.
The new single features L.A. rapper Blake Kelly and the release of the songs marks Bieber's first single since his arrest on January in Miami Beach. Just like his song "Journal" which he released for free on 2013, "Broken" strikes a bold statement against his unnamed tormentors as he opens the song with: "I guess they want a reaction/but I ain't gonna give it to them."
"They give me what's mine / someone like me is hard to find / Ooh, I cannot be broken / ooh, I cannot be broken," Bieber sings at the chorus.
The powerful ballad is very empowering that one would think that Justin is actually growing up if not from his rebellious antics. The "Baby" singer is currently facing DUI in Miami and felony vandalism charges from allegedly egging his neighbor's house.
Beiber released the song via a tweet directing his fans to livemixtapes.com where than can find "new exclusive music." The same night that the singer declared himself a "#proudcanadian" after the Canadian hockey team win against the U.S.A in the Winter Olympic in Socchi, Russia.
But his celebration was dampened upon learning a billboard erected in Chicago that says: "Loser Keeps Bieber." The billboard features both hockey teams from U.S.A. and Canada, and says that the losing team will get to keep him.
"I guess I'm an easy target for some. I'm still human. I will continue to meet hate with love. It's all about the music. Much love," he posted after his celebratory tweet.
Justin's recent headlines were during the Super Bowl when his private plane was detained after it was reported that the passengers were smoking marijuana while onboard. No drug was found and no charges were filed but the pilots and stewardess made a complaint about it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists