Justin Bieber Drops New Song 'Broken' After Canadian Hockey Team Victory [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | February 24, 2014 2:55 PM EST
He might have a hard time with the law but Canadian singer Justin Bieber is back on track as he released a new track, "Broken." The controversial singer had surprised fans with his new song that tells a lot of what he is going through right now as he unveiled "Broken" on livemixtapes.com on Friday evening, Feb. 21.
Pop singer Justin Bieber appears via video conference in his first court appearance after being arrested on a drunk driving charge in Miami, Florida in this file photo taken January 23, 2014. Bieber, who racked up charges in two cities in the span of a week, would be wise to use provocative songstress Miley Cyrus as his guide to navigate the transition from teen pop stardom to a serious adult career, branding and celebrity crisis experts said.
The new single features L.A. rapper Blake Kelly and the release of the songs marks Bieber's first single since his arrest on January in Miami Beach. Just like his song "Journal" which he released for free on 2013, "Broken" strikes a bold statement against his unnamed tormentors as he opens the song with: "I guess they want a reaction/but I ain't gonna give it to them."
"They give me what's mine / someone like me is hard to find / Ooh, I cannot be broken / ooh, I cannot be broken," Bieber sings at the chorus.
The powerful ballad is very empowering that one would think that Justin is actually growing up if not from his rebellious antics. The "Baby" singer is currently facing DUI in Miami and felony vandalism charges from allegedly egging his neighbor's house.
Beiber released the song via a tweet directing his fans to livemixtapes.com where than can find "new exclusive music." The same night that the singer declared himself a "#proudcanadian" after the Canadian hockey team win against the U.S.A in the Winter Olympic in Socchi, Russia.
But his celebration was dampened upon learning a billboard erected in Chicago that says: "Loser Keeps Bieber." The billboard features both hockey teams from U.S.A. and Canada, and says that the losing team will get to keep him.
"I guess I'm an easy target for some. I'm still human. I will continue to meet hate with love. It's all about the music. Much love," he posted after his celebratory tweet.
Justin's recent headlines were during the Super Bowl when his private plane was detained after it was reported that the passengers were smoking marijuana while onboard. No drug was found and no charges were filed but the pilots and stewardess made a complaint about it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members