'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' to Launch with No Microtransactions, Resolutions Detailed and New Trailer Features Gameplay
By Gel Galang | February 24, 2014 2:46 PM EST
"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is nearing its release date, and already there are a few announcements from PopCap regarding tis Xbox One and Xbox 360 third-person shooter game.
Unlike the other released mobile game of the franchise, "Plants vs. Zombies 2," which is a free-to-play title that has micro-transactions and in-app purchases, the upcoming Xbox game won't have any, according to GameSpot.
*SXSW 2014 panel is something to anticipate for lovers of the "Borderlands" franchise, as the new game, "Tales from the Borderlands," will get more details announced: Read here for more.
"So we're not going to have any microtransactions at all at launch," said Brian Lindley, PopCap Games producer in a statement quoted by GameSpot.
But this does not mean that they will not be available after launch, as PopCap has also stated that they are closely monitoring player feedback and metrics to see what else it can incorporate in the game. This means that in-game payments are not out of the question, but they are not included as far as the launch experience is concerned.
On Xbox One and Resolutions
When it comes to any game that will be released on a next-gen console, it's almost an automatic question to ask about resolutions. And in the case of "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare," it may be that the Xbox One will still not meet a 1,080p resolution.
*"Tengami" is one of those tranquil games on the iOS that's worth the experience: Read here for more on "Tengami" and two more cool iOS games to check out.
TechnoBuffalo reports that, in an interview with Mr Lindley, it seems that the internal resolution is at 900p for the game. Despite this, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will be running at 60 FPS on the Xbox One.
However, with GameSpot, the 1,080p resolution was still brought up despite the confirmation mentioned earlier.
"On next-gen consoles, players can experience all EA games at 1080p. Some are rendered natively, others are up-scaled by the next-gen hardware systems. Either way, the visuals are stunning and the gameplay is impeccable," he stated.
In addition, during the report, it was also mentioned that the soundtrack will also be released to the customers using codes for the full soundtrack to EA insiders during the launch day. But, so far, concrete details for the distribution of the soundtrack have not yet been confirmed.
A Look at 'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' Mechanics
The game borrows mechanics from shooter games, where players take control of zombies trying to build graveyards in gardens on the offensive mode. This will redo the map, with the base of the plants pushed backward if the zombies' attempts prove successful. And in the new video below, players are treated to some of the mechanics and plays that the game offers:
"Don't let the cartoonish front fool you. There are several systems at play here, working together to create a sophisticated experience that is uniquely garden warfare," said Xbox's Major Nelson in the hands-on video.
*The PS4 exclusive "The Order: 1886" may make use of the DualShock 4's touchpad in cool ways: Read the details here.
According to Major Nelson, one of the great things about the title is that the classes of zombies and plants play off on each other to have an overall scope of the battlefield during the game. Players would be surprised how they can use strategy and planning in the game, not just in the way they play but also how they make use of the existing economy.
In the video, gmaers can see that summoning plants or zombies to their side is not an automatic and unlimited way to go---players actually need the sticker books for this, something that Major Nelson compares to "Mass Effect 3." It's easy to see how in-game purchases can come in here, but for now, it's something to look forward to when the game releases on Feb 25.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers