Pink to Bring the House Down at the 86th Academy Awards
By Annie Dee | February 24, 2014 2:31 PM EST
If Pink wowed everyone at the Grammys with her performance, dangling from a ribbon while dripping wet, imagine what she will bring to the Oscars. However, many cannot resist asking why Pink was chosen to perform and what a Grammy award-winning singer will bring to the table.
Singer Pink arrives at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles
According to the NY Daily News, on Feb 21, Friday, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron already confirmed the appearance of Pink on the 86th Academy Awards. Ellen DeGeneres is set to host the huge awarding event, and the show will air live on Sunday, March 2 on ABC.
While this is going to be Pink's first ever performance on the Oscar stage, the singer hardly lacks the creds to be invited for an awards show. Pink has already earned three major Grammy Awards and six whopping MTV Video Awards, including the title of Best Collaboration for her catchy "Just Give Me a Reason" single. The single was Pink's eighth song to be No.1 on Billboard's Adult Top 40 chart, setting an industry record. She was also named Billboard Woman of the Year in 2013, amassing success by selling over 40 million albums and 65 million singles.
No one can truly question who Pink is and what she can do, but many are left wondering why she needs to be in the Oscars. In fact, fans of the renowned singer themselves are puzzled by the turn of events. When the news broke out, Zap 2 It shared that Pink fans everywhere said "cool!" and then, "Huh ... OK." No violent reactions anywhere, but no jumping up and down for the supposedly great news too.
After all, the Oscars show does not make it a habit to invite pop stars to perform at Hollywood's biggest night, where anyone and everyone who made it to the movies industry are recognized. This is not just an ordinary event.
Maybe because Pink is associated more with the music industry than the movies, many might not know that the singer actually dabbled on acting under her given name, Alecia Moore. She just recently debuted in the 2013 ensemble drama entitled "Thanks for Sharing" with famous actors Tim Robbins and Gwyneth Paltrow, where Pink proved she can act.
Probed further for their reasons to invite Pink to perform on the prestigious movie industry event, Zadan and Meron claimed that Pink's appearance is perfect for the show. According to them as reported by Zap 2 It, "She is regarded as one of the greatest voices in pop music and one of the best performers of her generation, and we are thrilled to have her join us for a highly anticipated moment on the broadcast."
If anyone can pull off such a jump from Grammy's to the Oscars, no doubt it is Pink and her electrifying, hanging upside down acrobatics while singing without lip-synching performance. Pink can bring down the House at the 86th Academy Awards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft