Pink to Bring the House Down at the 86th Academy Awards
By Annie Dee | February 24, 2014 2:31 PM EST
If Pink wowed everyone at the Grammys with her performance, dangling from a ribbon while dripping wet, imagine what she will bring to the Oscars. However, many cannot resist asking why Pink was chosen to perform and what a Grammy award-winning singer will bring to the table.
Singer Pink arrives at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles
According to the NY Daily News, on Feb 21, Friday, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron already confirmed the appearance of Pink on the 86th Academy Awards. Ellen DeGeneres is set to host the huge awarding event, and the show will air live on Sunday, March 2 on ABC.
While this is going to be Pink's first ever performance on the Oscar stage, the singer hardly lacks the creds to be invited for an awards show. Pink has already earned three major Grammy Awards and six whopping MTV Video Awards, including the title of Best Collaboration for her catchy "Just Give Me a Reason" single. The single was Pink's eighth song to be No.1 on Billboard's Adult Top 40 chart, setting an industry record. She was also named Billboard Woman of the Year in 2013, amassing success by selling over 40 million albums and 65 million singles.
No one can truly question who Pink is and what she can do, but many are left wondering why she needs to be in the Oscars. In fact, fans of the renowned singer themselves are puzzled by the turn of events. When the news broke out, Zap 2 It shared that Pink fans everywhere said "cool!" and then, "Huh ... OK." No violent reactions anywhere, but no jumping up and down for the supposedly great news too.
After all, the Oscars show does not make it a habit to invite pop stars to perform at Hollywood's biggest night, where anyone and everyone who made it to the movies industry are recognized. This is not just an ordinary event.
Maybe because Pink is associated more with the music industry than the movies, many might not know that the singer actually dabbled on acting under her given name, Alecia Moore. She just recently debuted in the 2013 ensemble drama entitled "Thanks for Sharing" with famous actors Tim Robbins and Gwyneth Paltrow, where Pink proved she can act.
Probed further for their reasons to invite Pink to perform on the prestigious movie industry event, Zadan and Meron claimed that Pink's appearance is perfect for the show. According to them as reported by Zap 2 It, "She is regarded as one of the greatest voices in pop music and one of the best performers of her generation, and we are thrilled to have her join us for a highly anticipated moment on the broadcast."
If anyone can pull off such a jump from Grammy's to the Oscars, no doubt it is Pink and her electrifying, hanging upside down acrobatics while singing without lip-synching performance. Pink can bring down the House at the 86th Academy Awards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown