NBA News: Danny Granger Interested in 5 Teams Including Heat, Spurs and Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Danny Granger was pissed when he was traded near the deadline from one of the title contenders, the Indiana Pacers to one of the bottom-feeders, the Philadelphia 76ers.
If he reaches a buyout agreement with his new team, Granger’s options are varied and mainly that he wants to return to a team that has a chance at NBA championship this year or next.
According to a Shams Charania of RealGM.com, the nine-year pro is choosing between the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.
Should he get buyout to become free agent, Danny Granger will likely decide among Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Spurs, Mavs, sources tell RealGM.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 22, 2014
Granger, along with a 2015 second-round pick, was dealt to Philly in exchange for guard Evan Turner and forward Lavoy Allen.
The 33-year-old forward has spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers and once upon a time was considered as Indiana’s franchise player. He was named an NBA All-Star in 2009 but has been slowed down considerably by knee and leg injuries in recent years.
Granger has over $14 million expiring contract with the 76ers, who most likely will work out a contract buy-out to save some salary while giving the player a chance to sign with another team this season.
Granger appears to be a good fit with either of the teams mentioned above. But roster-wise and getting a larger role with the team, it looks like he is best suited playing for in Dallas, who may need help scoring off the bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28