NBA News: Danny Granger Interested in 5 Teams Including Heat, Spurs and Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Danny Granger was pissed when he was traded near the deadline from one of the title contenders, the Indiana Pacers to one of the bottom-feeders, the Philadelphia 76ers.
If he reaches a buyout agreement with his new team, Granger’s options are varied and mainly that he wants to return to a team that has a chance at NBA championship this year or next.
According to a Shams Charania of RealGM.com, the nine-year pro is choosing between the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.
Should he get buyout to become free agent, Danny Granger will likely decide among Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Spurs, Mavs, sources tell RealGM.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 22, 2014
Granger, along with a 2015 second-round pick, was dealt to Philly in exchange for guard Evan Turner and forward Lavoy Allen.
The 33-year-old forward has spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers and once upon a time was considered as Indiana’s franchise player. He was named an NBA All-Star in 2009 but has been slowed down considerably by knee and leg injuries in recent years.
Granger has over $14 million expiring contract with the 76ers, who most likely will work out a contract buy-out to save some salary while giving the player a chance to sign with another team this season.
Granger appears to be a good fit with either of the teams mentioned above. But roster-wise and getting a larger role with the team, it looks like he is best suited playing for in Dallas, who may need help scoring off the bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch