NBA News: Danny Granger Interested in 5 Teams Including Heat, Spurs and Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Danny Granger was pissed when he was traded near the deadline from one of the title contenders, the Indiana Pacers to one of the bottom-feeders, the Philadelphia 76ers.
If he reaches a buyout agreement with his new team, Granger’s options are varied and mainly that he wants to return to a team that has a chance at NBA championship this year or next.
According to a Shams Charania of RealGM.com, the nine-year pro is choosing between the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.
Should he get buyout to become free agent, Danny Granger will likely decide among Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Spurs, Mavs, sources tell RealGM.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 22, 2014
Granger, along with a 2015 second-round pick, was dealt to Philly in exchange for guard Evan Turner and forward Lavoy Allen.
The 33-year-old forward has spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers and once upon a time was considered as Indiana’s franchise player. He was named an NBA All-Star in 2009 but has been slowed down considerably by knee and leg injuries in recent years.
Granger has over $14 million expiring contract with the 76ers, who most likely will work out a contract buy-out to save some salary while giving the player a chance to sign with another team this season.
Granger appears to be a good fit with either of the teams mentioned above. But roster-wise and getting a larger role with the team, it looks like he is best suited playing for in Dallas, who may need help scoring off the bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members