NBA News: Danny Granger Interested in 5 Teams Including Heat, Spurs and Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Danny Granger was pissed when he was traded near the deadline from one of the title contenders, the Indiana Pacers to one of the bottom-feeders, the Philadelphia 76ers.
If he reaches a buyout agreement with his new team, Granger’s options are varied and mainly that he wants to return to a team that has a chance at NBA championship this year or next.
According to a Shams Charania of RealGM.com, the nine-year pro is choosing between the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.
Should he get buyout to become free agent, Danny Granger will likely decide among Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Spurs, Mavs, sources tell RealGM.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 22, 2014
Granger, along with a 2015 second-round pick, was dealt to Philly in exchange for guard Evan Turner and forward Lavoy Allen.
The 33-year-old forward has spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers and once upon a time was considered as Indiana’s franchise player. He was named an NBA All-Star in 2009 but has been slowed down considerably by knee and leg injuries in recent years.
Granger has over $14 million expiring contract with the 76ers, who most likely will work out a contract buy-out to save some salary while giving the player a chance to sign with another team this season.
Granger appears to be a good fit with either of the teams mentioned above. But roster-wise and getting a larger role with the team, it looks like he is best suited playing for in Dallas, who may need help scoring off the bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell