NBA News: Danny Granger Interested in 5 Teams Including Heat, Spurs and Mavericks
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Danny Granger was pissed when he was traded near the deadline from one of the title contenders, the Indiana Pacers to one of the bottom-feeders, the Philadelphia 76ers.
If he reaches a buyout agreement with his new team, Granger’s options are varied and mainly that he wants to return to a team that has a chance at NBA championship this year or next.
According to a Shams Charania of RealGM.com, the nine-year pro is choosing between the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks.
Should he get buyout to become free agent, Danny Granger will likely decide among Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Spurs, Mavs, sources tell RealGM.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) February 22, 2014
Granger, along with a 2015 second-round pick, was dealt to Philly in exchange for guard Evan Turner and forward Lavoy Allen.
The 33-year-old forward has spent all of his nine years in the NBA with the Pacers and once upon a time was considered as Indiana’s franchise player. He was named an NBA All-Star in 2009 but has been slowed down considerably by knee and leg injuries in recent years.
Granger has over $14 million expiring contract with the 76ers, who most likely will work out a contract buy-out to save some salary while giving the player a chance to sign with another team this season.
Granger appears to be a good fit with either of the teams mentioned above. But roster-wise and getting a larger role with the team, it looks like he is best suited playing for in Dallas, who may need help scoring off the bench.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy