Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Will Sign Madrid Striker in case of Champions League Qualification
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Liverpool have reportedly set their eyes on Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and will be ready to pursue him once they qualify for the Champions League.
Karim Benzema and Raphael Varange are wanted by Arsenal. [Reuters]
The goalscorer is contemplating on taking on a new challenge outside of the Spanish capital after the 2013/14 season according to a third-party agent, which tickles the thought of Reds boss Brendan Rodgers to play him alongside Luis Suarez in forming, what could be, one of the best, if not the best, strike partnership in the world.
In spite of the fact that he has consistently been scoring goals since his arrival, the French international has remained in the shadows of his high-profile teammates like Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale, and has been seemingly not given due worth by the fans.
The 26-year-old's value is believed to be in the region of £28million, should Liverpool snatch him this coming summer.
However, they will be facing stiff competition in Manchester City and Arsenal, who are also looking to beef up their attacking third.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider