Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Will Sign Madrid Striker in case of Champions League Qualification
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 24, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Liverpool have reportedly set their eyes on Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema and will be ready to pursue him once they qualify for the Champions League.
Karim Benzema and Raphael Varange are wanted by Arsenal. [Reuters]
The goalscorer is contemplating on taking on a new challenge outside of the Spanish capital after the 2013/14 season according to a third-party agent, which tickles the thought of Reds boss Brendan Rodgers to play him alongside Luis Suarez in forming, what could be, one of the best, if not the best, strike partnership in the world.
In spite of the fact that he has consistently been scoring goals since his arrival, the French international has remained in the shadows of his high-profile teammates like Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale, and has been seemingly not given due worth by the fans.
The 26-year-old's value is believed to be in the region of £28million, should Liverpool snatch him this coming summer.
However, they will be facing stiff competition in Manchester City and Arsenal, who are also looking to beef up their attacking third.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS