Samsung Galaxy S5 Revealed in New Photo and Samsung Tizen Spotted at MWC 2014
By Gel Galang | February 24, 2014 1:01 PM EST
The MWC 2014 is already underway, and Samsung has launched a Tizen-powered device in the form of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches.
What's more, this was done ahead of any announcements of the Samsung Galaxy S5, perhaps due to the fact that they can connect to a number of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
*More clues reveal the possibility of "Far Cry 4" coming soon: Read here for more.
ZDNet reports that there are a number of improvements compared to its predecessor, including the new placement of the camera, better support for fitness capabilities and even music features via a Bluetooth headset. However, there is still the problem of poor battery, which remains unchanged from the previous Samsung Galaxy Gear.
This set of Gear 2 watches have the following specs, as per the source: a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED screen, 1 GHz dual-core processor, 2-MP camera for the Gear 2, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, 300 mAh battery and the Tizen-powered OS.
*You might not get a PS4 until April if you're in the U.K. area: Read here for more.
For now, the pricing is yet to be revealed by Samsung, but the Tizen-powered Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo will be coming to stores as early as April this year.
But as far as the Tizen OS is concerned, the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo may not be the only ones debuting at the MWC 2014. GSM Arena adds that an actual Samsung smartphone may also feature the Tizen OS, which was supposedly seen at the Tizen App Challenge event. When it comes to revelations from Korean company, however, this alleged smartphone is yet to be made official.
*Here are some nice new games on the iOS that gamers can play: Check out the list here.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Back Look Leaked
It appears that the Samsung Galaxy S5 may also already be ready for showcase, as Phone Arena spotted the back portion of the Samsung Galaxy S5 from a leaked photo.
*This is one of the reasons why "Daylight" is a must-watch horror survival game: Read the story here.
A blogger who had been in a showcase of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo has shown in a photo the look of three Samsung Galaxy S5 models, which are the black, white and gold versions.
However, aside from the launch colour, there is also an added function seen in the photo. There is something beside the LED flash of the Samsung Galaxy S5, a big change from its Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 Active predecessors, though there are no potential rumours of what it can be as of now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon