Samsung Galaxy S5 Revealed in New Photo and Samsung Tizen Spotted at MWC 2014
By Gel Galang | February 24, 2014 1:01 PM EST
The MWC 2014 is already underway, and Samsung has launched a Tizen-powered device in the form of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches.
What's more, this was done ahead of any announcements of the Samsung Galaxy S5, perhaps due to the fact that they can connect to a number of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
*More clues reveal the possibility of "Far Cry 4" coming soon: Read here for more.
ZDNet reports that there are a number of improvements compared to its predecessor, including the new placement of the camera, better support for fitness capabilities and even music features via a Bluetooth headset. However, there is still the problem of poor battery, which remains unchanged from the previous Samsung Galaxy Gear.
This set of Gear 2 watches have the following specs, as per the source: a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED screen, 1 GHz dual-core processor, 2-MP camera for the Gear 2, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, 300 mAh battery and the Tizen-powered OS.
*You might not get a PS4 until April if you're in the U.K. area: Read here for more.
For now, the pricing is yet to be revealed by Samsung, but the Tizen-powered Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo will be coming to stores as early as April this year.
But as far as the Tizen OS is concerned, the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo may not be the only ones debuting at the MWC 2014. GSM Arena adds that an actual Samsung smartphone may also feature the Tizen OS, which was supposedly seen at the Tizen App Challenge event. When it comes to revelations from Korean company, however, this alleged smartphone is yet to be made official.
*Here are some nice new games on the iOS that gamers can play: Check out the list here.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Back Look Leaked
It appears that the Samsung Galaxy S5 may also already be ready for showcase, as Phone Arena spotted the back portion of the Samsung Galaxy S5 from a leaked photo.
*This is one of the reasons why "Daylight" is a must-watch horror survival game: Read the story here.
A blogger who had been in a showcase of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo has shown in a photo the look of three Samsung Galaxy S5 models, which are the black, white and gold versions.
However, aside from the launch colour, there is also an added function seen in the photo. There is something beside the LED flash of the Samsung Galaxy S5, a big change from its Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 Active predecessors, though there are no potential rumours of what it can be as of now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports