Samsung Galaxy S5 Revealed in New Photo and Samsung Tizen Spotted at MWC 2014
By Gel Galang | February 24, 2014 1:01 PM EST
The MWC 2014 is already underway, and Samsung has launched a Tizen-powered device in the form of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches.
What's more, this was done ahead of any announcements of the Samsung Galaxy S5, perhaps due to the fact that they can connect to a number of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
*More clues reveal the possibility of "Far Cry 4" coming soon: Read here for more.
ZDNet reports that there are a number of improvements compared to its predecessor, including the new placement of the camera, better support for fitness capabilities and even music features via a Bluetooth headset. However, there is still the problem of poor battery, which remains unchanged from the previous Samsung Galaxy Gear.
This set of Gear 2 watches have the following specs, as per the source: a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED screen, 1 GHz dual-core processor, 2-MP camera for the Gear 2, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, 300 mAh battery and the Tizen-powered OS.
*You might not get a PS4 until April if you're in the U.K. area: Read here for more.
For now, the pricing is yet to be revealed by Samsung, but the Tizen-powered Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo will be coming to stores as early as April this year.
But as far as the Tizen OS is concerned, the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo may not be the only ones debuting at the MWC 2014. GSM Arena adds that an actual Samsung smartphone may also feature the Tizen OS, which was supposedly seen at the Tizen App Challenge event. When it comes to revelations from Korean company, however, this alleged smartphone is yet to be made official.
*Here are some nice new games on the iOS that gamers can play: Check out the list here.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Back Look Leaked
It appears that the Samsung Galaxy S5 may also already be ready for showcase, as Phone Arena spotted the back portion of the Samsung Galaxy S5 from a leaked photo.
*This is one of the reasons why "Daylight" is a must-watch horror survival game: Read the story here.
A blogger who had been in a showcase of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo has shown in a photo the look of three Samsung Galaxy S5 models, which are the black, white and gold versions.
However, aside from the launch colour, there is also an added function seen in the photo. There is something beside the LED flash of the Samsung Galaxy S5, a big change from its Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 Active predecessors, though there are no potential rumours of what it can be as of now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery