Samsung Galaxy S5 Revealed in New Photo and Samsung Tizen Spotted at MWC 2014
By Gel Galang | February 24, 2014 1:01 PM EST
The MWC 2014 is already underway, and Samsung has launched a Tizen-powered device in the form of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches.
What's more, this was done ahead of any announcements of the Samsung Galaxy S5, perhaps due to the fact that they can connect to a number of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
*More clues reveal the possibility of "Far Cry 4" coming soon: Read here for more.
ZDNet reports that there are a number of improvements compared to its predecessor, including the new placement of the camera, better support for fitness capabilities and even music features via a Bluetooth headset. However, there is still the problem of poor battery, which remains unchanged from the previous Samsung Galaxy Gear.
This set of Gear 2 watches have the following specs, as per the source: a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED screen, 1 GHz dual-core processor, 2-MP camera for the Gear 2, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, 300 mAh battery and the Tizen-powered OS.
*You might not get a PS4 until April if you're in the U.K. area: Read here for more.
For now, the pricing is yet to be revealed by Samsung, but the Tizen-powered Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo will be coming to stores as early as April this year.
But as far as the Tizen OS is concerned, the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo may not be the only ones debuting at the MWC 2014. GSM Arena adds that an actual Samsung smartphone may also feature the Tizen OS, which was supposedly seen at the Tizen App Challenge event. When it comes to revelations from Korean company, however, this alleged smartphone is yet to be made official.
*Here are some nice new games on the iOS that gamers can play: Check out the list here.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Back Look Leaked
It appears that the Samsung Galaxy S5 may also already be ready for showcase, as Phone Arena spotted the back portion of the Samsung Galaxy S5 from a leaked photo.
*This is one of the reasons why "Daylight" is a must-watch horror survival game: Read the story here.
A blogger who had been in a showcase of the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo has shown in a photo the look of three Samsung Galaxy S5 models, which are the black, white and gold versions.
However, aside from the launch colour, there is also an added function seen in the photo. There is something beside the LED flash of the Samsung Galaxy S5, a big change from its Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 Active predecessors, though there are no potential rumours of what it can be as of now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS