HTC One Purple Camera Hue Not Fixed by Android 4.4.2 KitKat; Ultimate Fix via Replacement Only
By Ryan Inoyori | February 24, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat arrived on HTC One during February via Over-the-Air update to bring various changes such as Cloud Printing service, security patches and new HTC Sense UI version. Unfortunately, the major "Purple Camera Hue" remains on the device from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Purple Camera Hue Persists
HTC One's unusual and major bug reported on various Web sites including XDA developers is the "Purple Camera Hue" which is described as coloured tint such as blue, purple or red on captured images.
Owners struggling with the issue asked for software troubleshooting or other tweaks to overcome the problem in order to take advantage of the 'ultrapixel' camera on HTC One. Some troubleshooting strategy include manually modifying the saturation and contrast or changing the ISO mode.
HTC was believed capable of fixing the camera problem via Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update, however, those users who have upgraded the software of HTC One remains unsatisfied. Somehow, it is the camera lens to be blamed with the reoccurring camera hue.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Failure to Fix
Many reconsidered that HTC may be able to resolve the undying camera hue by sending out the official Android KitKat firmware. Surprisingly, some users ailing with problem still see the purple camera hue on their smartphone.
Some owners commented on the latest software upgrade news on Soyacincau.com and revealed that HTC failed to fix the problem on Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. One comment even described that the purple hue has gotten worse than in Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Permanent Fix on Purple Camera Hue
Android 4.4.2 KitKat failed to resolve the purple camera hue on the HTC One even if updated to Android 4.3 prior to KitKat. According to users who found a way to fix the issue, purple camera hue is caused by the defected camera hardware component rather than a software bug. And in case you have the same problem, here is what you need to do.
Users with access to service centres or stores:
1. Keep the device on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware if you haven't updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Don't need to revert if you already did.
2. Check the warranty of your smartphone, box, receipt and all accessories. You need to bring every important part of the purchase.
3. Visit the service centre of HTC or the retailer where you've purchase the device.
4. Make sure you report the purple camera hue on the warranty to get a replacement.
Users without instant access to stores:
In case you are not capable of visiting the store or really far from it, simple tweaks below will help you resolve the problem temporarily. You may combine them to achieve the best capture mode.
1. Set saturation and exposure level to -1 or -0.5.
2. Combine set levels of saturation -2 and contrast +2.
3. Make purple to white by setting saturation -2 and contrast 0.
4. Don't set the saturation +2 to avoid red hue.
5. Set ISO level to 100 and saturation to -2.
6. Use camera when it's cooler since high temperature may generate red or purple hue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate