Taylor Swift Caught Hanging Out with Lorde Again: Replacement BFF for Selena Gomez?
By Diadem Pambid | February 24, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Taylor Swift has found a new found BFF with Grammy Award winner, Lorde. After the two hit off at Taylor's birthday bash, they seem to be inseparable. Does this mean that the "Royals" singer is set to be Selena Gomez's replacement?
Singer Taylor Swift attends the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons, honoring Universal Music Group Chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, in Beverly Hills, California January 25, 2014.
After her successful two-week rehabilitation, Selena Gomez is once again out and about. She's been hanging out with a few former Disney pals the past week of which include "Wizards of Waverly Place's'" David Henrie and "Sonny with a Chance" Demi Lovato. However, there is one person that hasn't been spotted with Selena since having left rehab.
Taylor Swift has made a few major changes this month, from chopping of her long locks to hanging out with celebrity pals. For one, the country crooner has been spotted with none other than Lorde. How about Selena Gomez? It seems that Swift's BFF preferences have changed.
Fans of Selena Gomez claim Swift has failed to be a true BFF and has instead been spotted out with Lorde. Their latest Instagram photo together is proof of such where both singers, Lorde and Swift, enjoyed a day at the beach. Check out the photo here.
While some fans claim Taylor had abandoned Gomez for Lorde, other claim she's simply using Lorde for her popularity.
"I definitely feel like Taylor is a user now... I know people were saying that for a long time but I didn't usually buy into it. But now... I mean she was all besties with Selena so why is she suddenly all besties with Lorde? Oh wait, Lorde is gaining popularity. :/ Come on, Taylor, don't be like that..." comments one user on Ocean Up's report.
Well, whatever Taylor Swift has as reasons, Lorde isn't one to walk away from the friendship. Back in 2013, the New Zealand native praised Swift for being one heck of a singer and song writer.
"She is so good as a performer. I don't think people realize how difficult a stadium is to perform in. You have to change how you move and how you talk to accommodate that scale, and she is SO good at that. It feels natural when she does it. I'm so in awe of her ability, it's insane," said Lorde in an interview with MTV.
Thankfully, Selena Gomez has another BFF she can depend on, who is none other than Demi Lovato.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation