Taylor Swift Caught Hanging Out with Lorde Again: Replacement BFF for Selena Gomez?
By Diadem Pambid | February 24, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Taylor Swift has found a new found BFF with Grammy Award winner, Lorde. After the two hit off at Taylor's birthday bash, they seem to be inseparable. Does this mean that the "Royals" singer is set to be Selena Gomez's replacement?
Singer Taylor Swift attends the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons, honoring Universal Music Group Chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, in Beverly Hills, California January 25, 2014.
After her successful two-week rehabilitation, Selena Gomez is once again out and about. She's been hanging out with a few former Disney pals the past week of which include "Wizards of Waverly Place's'" David Henrie and "Sonny with a Chance" Demi Lovato. However, there is one person that hasn't been spotted with Selena since having left rehab.
Taylor Swift has made a few major changes this month, from chopping of her long locks to hanging out with celebrity pals. For one, the country crooner has been spotted with none other than Lorde. How about Selena Gomez? It seems that Swift's BFF preferences have changed.
Fans of Selena Gomez claim Swift has failed to be a true BFF and has instead been spotted out with Lorde. Their latest Instagram photo together is proof of such where both singers, Lorde and Swift, enjoyed a day at the beach. Check out the photo here.
While some fans claim Taylor had abandoned Gomez for Lorde, other claim she's simply using Lorde for her popularity.
"I definitely feel like Taylor is a user now... I know people were saying that for a long time but I didn't usually buy into it. But now... I mean she was all besties with Selena so why is she suddenly all besties with Lorde? Oh wait, Lorde is gaining popularity. :/ Come on, Taylor, don't be like that..." comments one user on Ocean Up's report.
Well, whatever Taylor Swift has as reasons, Lorde isn't one to walk away from the friendship. Back in 2013, the New Zealand native praised Swift for being one heck of a singer and song writer.
"She is so good as a performer. I don't think people realize how difficult a stadium is to perform in. You have to change how you move and how you talk to accommodate that scale, and she is SO good at that. It feels natural when she does it. I'm so in awe of her ability, it's insane," said Lorde in an interview with MTV.
Thankfully, Selena Gomez has another BFF she can depend on, who is none other than Demi Lovato.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop