Taylor Swift Caught Hanging Out with Lorde Again: Replacement BFF for Selena Gomez?
By Diadem Pambid | February 24, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Taylor Swift has found a new found BFF with Grammy Award winner, Lorde. After the two hit off at Taylor's birthday bash, they seem to be inseparable. Does this mean that the "Royals" singer is set to be Selena Gomez's replacement?
Singer Taylor Swift attends the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons, honoring Universal Music Group Chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, in Beverly Hills, California January 25, 2014.
After her successful two-week rehabilitation, Selena Gomez is once again out and about. She's been hanging out with a few former Disney pals the past week of which include "Wizards of Waverly Place's'" David Henrie and "Sonny with a Chance" Demi Lovato. However, there is one person that hasn't been spotted with Selena since having left rehab.
Taylor Swift has made a few major changes this month, from chopping of her long locks to hanging out with celebrity pals. For one, the country crooner has been spotted with none other than Lorde. How about Selena Gomez? It seems that Swift's BFF preferences have changed.
Fans of Selena Gomez claim Swift has failed to be a true BFF and has instead been spotted out with Lorde. Their latest Instagram photo together is proof of such where both singers, Lorde and Swift, enjoyed a day at the beach. Check out the photo here.
While some fans claim Taylor had abandoned Gomez for Lorde, other claim she's simply using Lorde for her popularity.
"I definitely feel like Taylor is a user now... I know people were saying that for a long time but I didn't usually buy into it. But now... I mean she was all besties with Selena so why is she suddenly all besties with Lorde? Oh wait, Lorde is gaining popularity. :/ Come on, Taylor, don't be like that..." comments one user on Ocean Up's report.
Well, whatever Taylor Swift has as reasons, Lorde isn't one to walk away from the friendship. Back in 2013, the New Zealand native praised Swift for being one heck of a singer and song writer.
"She is so good as a performer. I don't think people realize how difficult a stadium is to perform in. You have to change how you move and how you talk to accommodate that scale, and she is SO good at that. It feels natural when she does it. I'm so in awe of her ability, it's insane," said Lorde in an interview with MTV.
Thankfully, Selena Gomez has another BFF she can depend on, who is none other than Demi Lovato.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid