NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns Live Streaming Info and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | February 24, 2014 10:19 AM EST
The Houston Rockets and Phoenix Suns meet Sunday night in Arizona in a battle between a pair of two steadily-rising squads out West.
NBA: Miami Heat at Phoenix Suns
The visiting team, the Rockets are off a tough overtime loss in their last outing while the Suns continue their impressive form post All-Star break as they are on a three-game win streak entering the match-up with Houston at home.
After a blowout win versus the Los Angeles Lakers, 134-108 last Wednesday, Houston had to settle for a split in their first two games after the break after losing to the Golden State Warriors, 102-99 overtime.
Houston stars James Harden had 39 points and Dwight Howard had 11 points and 21 rebounds in the losing cause for the Rockets, which gave up a game-tying lay-up to Warriors point guard Stephen Curry in regulation to force the extra period. Chandler Parsons also had 21 points and 8 rebounds in the loss.
Harden is listed as a game-time decision after an injured elbow in their last outing. Back-up PG Jeremy Lin, who had 9 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in his last game, is expected to start for Houston if Harden can't suit up versus Phoenix.
Meanwhile, Phoenix has cruised to wins in their most recent games. After a 112-107 OT win at Denver in its first game after the festivities in New Orleans, the Suns have Boston Celtics, 100-94 and the San Antonio Spurs, 106-85.
The Suns defense was on point in the last one. They held the Spurs to 9.5 per cent shooting from beyond the arc (2 of 21 3FGs) and 34.9 per cent from the field overall.
On offense, five Suns ended up in double-figure scoring led by off-the-bench players Markieff Morris (21 points), Marcus Morris (13) and Ish Smith (15). Starters Channing Frye and Gerald Green added 17 and 13 markers, respectively for the Suns which shot over 50 per cent from the field.
Watch the Rockets and Suns via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Houston Rockets (-1) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 213.0)
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Houston Rockets Trends
- The Rockets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Rockets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Pacific division teams
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 36-17-1 ATS in their last 54 games
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. the Rockets in Phoenix
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast