Hailey Owens Shocking Murder and Abduction: Child Porn Found at Accused Craig Wood Home
By Sonalee singh | February 24, 2014 9:55 AM EST
Hailey Owens murder has left a scar on the civilized society of Springfield. 10-year-old Hailey was abducted and murdered by a 45-year-old man, Craig Wood, on Feb 18. Wood. A football coach by profession, Craig is under police custody for abduction and murder charges. In a recent police search of Wood's home, shocking elements have come to fore such as child pornography and dozens of guns.
The authorities recovered a huge pile of child porn at Craig's home. Apart from this the investigators got their hands on computers, cameras, 30 video recordings, handwritten journals, a spent .22 caliber shell casing and a hat, which may belong to the victim Hailey Owens.
Craig Wood abducted Hailey Owens on a bright afternoon as she was walking home from her best friend's house. The eye witness have revealed in their official statements that they tried chasing the pick up truck in which Hailey was dumped but their efforts went in vain.
As per the statement released by the court Hailey's body was found stuffed in a trash bag and plastic containers.
"Hailey was shot in the back of the head and had ligature marks on her wrists, suggesting she was tied up. A preliminary autopsy is complete but won't be released publicly because the criminal case remains open, according to the county medical examiner's office," reports KMBC.com according to Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterso.
Patterson further told the Web site that charges of death penalty are being considered for Craig Wood. Nobody would have imagined that Wood would go to an extent of murdering an innocent without any fault for hers. Wood had been a part of school system for more than a decade, however with a little criminal history.
"He pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 1990 in Greene County and was fined $100. Wood also was convicted in 2001 for illegal taking of wildlife, a misdemeanor," states KMBC.com, according to online court records.
Concerned Judge Dan Imhof has further revealed that the matter will be considered and a follow-up court hearing will take place in March and in a preliminary hearing in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes