Hailey Owens Shocking Murder and Abduction: Child Porn Found at Accused Craig Wood Home
By Sonalee singh | February 24, 2014 9:55 AM EST
Hailey Owens murder has left a scar on the civilized society of Springfield. 10-year-old Hailey was abducted and murdered by a 45-year-old man, Craig Wood, on Feb 18. Wood. A football coach by profession, Craig is under police custody for abduction and murder charges. In a recent police search of Wood's home, shocking elements have come to fore such as child pornography and dozens of guns.
The authorities recovered a huge pile of child porn at Craig's home. Apart from this the investigators got their hands on computers, cameras, 30 video recordings, handwritten journals, a spent .22 caliber shell casing and a hat, which may belong to the victim Hailey Owens.
Craig Wood abducted Hailey Owens on a bright afternoon as she was walking home from her best friend's house. The eye witness have revealed in their official statements that they tried chasing the pick up truck in which Hailey was dumped but their efforts went in vain.
As per the statement released by the court Hailey's body was found stuffed in a trash bag and plastic containers.
"Hailey was shot in the back of the head and had ligature marks on her wrists, suggesting she was tied up. A preliminary autopsy is complete but won't be released publicly because the criminal case remains open, according to the county medical examiner's office," reports KMBC.com according to Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterso.
Patterson further told the Web site that charges of death penalty are being considered for Craig Wood. Nobody would have imagined that Wood would go to an extent of murdering an innocent without any fault for hers. Wood had been a part of school system for more than a decade, however with a little criminal history.
"He pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 1990 in Greene County and was fined $100. Wood also was convicted in 2001 for illegal taking of wildlife, a misdemeanor," states KMBC.com, according to online court records.
Concerned Judge Dan Imhof has further revealed that the matter will be considered and a follow-up court hearing will take place in March and in a preliminary hearing in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related