Hailey Owens Shocking Murder and Abduction: Child Porn Found at Accused Craig Wood Home
By Sonalee singh | February 24, 2014 9:55 AM EST
Hailey Owens murder has left a scar on the civilized society of Springfield. 10-year-old Hailey was abducted and murdered by a 45-year-old man, Craig Wood, on Feb 18. Wood. A football coach by profession, Craig is under police custody for abduction and murder charges. In a recent police search of Wood's home, shocking elements have come to fore such as child pornography and dozens of guns.
The authorities recovered a huge pile of child porn at Craig's home. Apart from this the investigators got their hands on computers, cameras, 30 video recordings, handwritten journals, a spent .22 caliber shell casing and a hat, which may belong to the victim Hailey Owens.
Craig Wood abducted Hailey Owens on a bright afternoon as she was walking home from her best friend's house. The eye witness have revealed in their official statements that they tried chasing the pick up truck in which Hailey was dumped but their efforts went in vain.
As per the statement released by the court Hailey's body was found stuffed in a trash bag and plastic containers.
"Hailey was shot in the back of the head and had ligature marks on her wrists, suggesting she was tied up. A preliminary autopsy is complete but won't be released publicly because the criminal case remains open, according to the county medical examiner's office," reports KMBC.com according to Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterso.
Patterson further told the Web site that charges of death penalty are being considered for Craig Wood. Nobody would have imagined that Wood would go to an extent of murdering an innocent without any fault for hers. Wood had been a part of school system for more than a decade, however with a little criminal history.
"He pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 1990 in Greene County and was fined $100. Wood also was convicted in 2001 for illegal taking of wildlife, a misdemeanor," states KMBC.com, according to online court records.
Concerned Judge Dan Imhof has further revealed that the matter will be considered and a follow-up court hearing will take place in March and in a preliminary hearing in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date