Hailey Owens Shocking Murder and Abduction: Child Porn Found at Accused Craig Wood Home
By Sonalee singh | February 24, 2014 9:55 AM EST
Hailey Owens murder has left a scar on the civilized society of Springfield. 10-year-old Hailey was abducted and murdered by a 45-year-old man, Craig Wood, on Feb 18. Wood. A football coach by profession, Craig is under police custody for abduction and murder charges. In a recent police search of Wood's home, shocking elements have come to fore such as child pornography and dozens of guns.
The authorities recovered a huge pile of child porn at Craig's home. Apart from this the investigators got their hands on computers, cameras, 30 video recordings, handwritten journals, a spent .22 caliber shell casing and a hat, which may belong to the victim Hailey Owens.
Craig Wood abducted Hailey Owens on a bright afternoon as she was walking home from her best friend's house. The eye witness have revealed in their official statements that they tried chasing the pick up truck in which Hailey was dumped but their efforts went in vain.
As per the statement released by the court Hailey's body was found stuffed in a trash bag and plastic containers.
"Hailey was shot in the back of the head and had ligature marks on her wrists, suggesting she was tied up. A preliminary autopsy is complete but won't be released publicly because the criminal case remains open, according to the county medical examiner's office," reports KMBC.com according to Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterso.
Patterson further told the Web site that charges of death penalty are being considered for Craig Wood. Nobody would have imagined that Wood would go to an extent of murdering an innocent without any fault for hers. Wood had been a part of school system for more than a decade, however with a little criminal history.
"He pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 1990 in Greene County and was fined $100. Wood also was convicted in 2001 for illegal taking of wildlife, a misdemeanor," states KMBC.com, according to online court records.
Concerned Judge Dan Imhof has further revealed that the matter will be considered and a follow-up court hearing will take place in March and in a preliminary hearing in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family