Hailey Owens Shocking Murder and Abduction: Child Porn Found at Accused Craig Wood Home
By Sonalee singh | February 24, 2014 9:55 AM EST
Hailey Owens murder has left a scar on the civilized society of Springfield. 10-year-old Hailey was abducted and murdered by a 45-year-old man, Craig Wood, on Feb 18. Wood. A football coach by profession, Craig is under police custody for abduction and murder charges. In a recent police search of Wood's home, shocking elements have come to fore such as child pornography and dozens of guns.
The authorities recovered a huge pile of child porn at Craig's home. Apart from this the investigators got their hands on computers, cameras, 30 video recordings, handwritten journals, a spent .22 caliber shell casing and a hat, which may belong to the victim Hailey Owens.
Craig Wood abducted Hailey Owens on a bright afternoon as she was walking home from her best friend's house. The eye witness have revealed in their official statements that they tried chasing the pick up truck in which Hailey was dumped but their efforts went in vain.
As per the statement released by the court Hailey's body was found stuffed in a trash bag and plastic containers.
"Hailey was shot in the back of the head and had ligature marks on her wrists, suggesting she was tied up. A preliminary autopsy is complete but won't be released publicly because the criminal case remains open, according to the county medical examiner's office," reports KMBC.com according to Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterso.
Patterson further told the Web site that charges of death penalty are being considered for Craig Wood. Nobody would have imagined that Wood would go to an extent of murdering an innocent without any fault for hers. Wood had been a part of school system for more than a decade, however with a little criminal history.
"He pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance in 1990 in Greene County and was fined $100. Wood also was convicted in 2001 for illegal taking of wildlife, a misdemeanor," states KMBC.com, according to online court records.
Concerned Judge Dan Imhof has further revealed that the matter will be considered and a follow-up court hearing will take place in March and in a preliminary hearing in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Australian Woman Had Daughter in MH17 & Brother in MH370
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People