Should Arjun Rampal be Worried about Ranbir Kapoor?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 24, 2014 1:11 AM EST
It seems Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor's presence is eating away Arjun Rampal's part in the upcoming film "Roy".
The 41-year-old actor is slated to star in the romantic action thriller, directed by Vikramjit Singh, alongside Jacqueline Fernandez and Ranbir.
Until recently, it was understood that Arjun had the lead role opposite Jacqueline in "Roy", whereas Ranbir would be seen only in a special appearance.
Even Ranbir had maintained that his association with the project is for a minor part.
"It's is not my film. I play a supporting character, and the lead actors are Arjun and Jacqueline," stressed the "Besharam" actor last year.
But things appear to have changed now, with director Vikramjit stating that the film's script has underwent some major changes and has made way for a bigger role for Ranbir.
The development seems indeed surprising and is bound to leave Arjun worried to an extent, as the young Kapoor's charm onscreen is indeed undeniable.
However, Vikramjit assured that the development is only normal and insisted that Arjun has no issues with the changes.
"I don't think Arjun resents anything. The script has undergone a lot of changes like it usually happens. Like any other script, this one also needed some adjustments and changes and Ranbir's role has turned meatier," the director was quoted saying by The Times of India.
The debutant filmmaker further added that the film had always projected Ranbir in a significant role.
"I have always maintained that Ranbir has got a very important role. In fact, he plays the title character. It is certainly not a special appearance. Both, Ranbir and Arjun share equal space."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy