Should Arjun Rampal be Worried about Ranbir Kapoor?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 24, 2014 1:11 AM EST
It seems Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor's presence is eating away Arjun Rampal's part in the upcoming film "Roy".
The 41-year-old actor is slated to star in the romantic action thriller, directed by Vikramjit Singh, alongside Jacqueline Fernandez and Ranbir.
Ranbir Kapoor In the "Roy " poster with Arjun Rampal and Jacqueline Fernandez
Until recently, it was understood that Arjun had the lead role opposite Jacqueline in "Roy", whereas Ranbir would be seen only in a special appearance.
Even Ranbir had maintained that his association with the project is for a minor part.
"It's is not my film. I play a supporting character, and the lead actors are Arjun and Jacqueline," stressed the "Besharam" actor last year.
But things appear to have changed now, with director Vikramjit stating that the film's script has underwent some major changes and has made way for a bigger role for Ranbir.
The development seems indeed surprising and is bound to leave Arjun worried to an extent, as the young Kapoor's charm onscreen is indeed undeniable.
However, Vikramjit assured that the development is only normal and insisted that Arjun has no issues with the changes.
"I don't think Arjun resents anything. The script has undergone a lot of changes like it usually happens. Like any other script, this one also needed some adjustments and changes and Ranbir's role has turned meatier," the director was quoted saying by The Times of India.
The debutant filmmaker further added that the film had always projected Ranbir in a significant role.
"I have always maintained that Ranbir has got a very important role. In fact, he plays the title character. It is certainly not a special appearance. Both, Ranbir and Arjun share equal space."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies