Should Arjun Rampal be Worried about Ranbir Kapoor?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 24, 2014 1:11 AM EST
It seems Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor's presence is eating away Arjun Rampal's part in the upcoming film "Roy".
The 41-year-old actor is slated to star in the romantic action thriller, directed by Vikramjit Singh, alongside Jacqueline Fernandez and Ranbir.
Ranbir Kapoor In the "Roy " poster with Arjun Rampal and Jacqueline Fernandez
Until recently, it was understood that Arjun had the lead role opposite Jacqueline in "Roy", whereas Ranbir would be seen only in a special appearance.
Even Ranbir had maintained that his association with the project is for a minor part.
"It's is not my film. I play a supporting character, and the lead actors are Arjun and Jacqueline," stressed the "Besharam" actor last year.
But things appear to have changed now, with director Vikramjit stating that the film's script has underwent some major changes and has made way for a bigger role for Ranbir.
The development seems indeed surprising and is bound to leave Arjun worried to an extent, as the young Kapoor's charm onscreen is indeed undeniable.
However, Vikramjit assured that the development is only normal and insisted that Arjun has no issues with the changes.
"I don't think Arjun resents anything. The script has undergone a lot of changes like it usually happens. Like any other script, this one also needed some adjustments and changes and Ranbir's role has turned meatier," the director was quoted saying by The Times of India.
The debutant filmmaker further added that the film had always projected Ranbir in a significant role.
"I have always maintained that Ranbir has got a very important role. In fact, he plays the title character. It is certainly not a special appearance. Both, Ranbir and Arjun share equal space."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)