Brooke Burke-Charvet, 'Dancing With the Stars' Co-Host, Fired From Show
By Keerthi Mohan | February 24, 2014 12:12 AM EST
“Dancing with the Stars” co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet got a shock on Friday, when it was revealed to her that she was fired from show.
Burke-Charvet has been part of ABC's DWTS - which is currently in its 18th season - since season 10, after being crowned the winner in season 7.
She was not expecting to be canned from the show, and expressed her disappointment in a tweet soon after being informed about the news.
“Weird day….Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS…ME. @Tom_Bergeron didn't even read my name. I won't be returning to the show this season,” she posted.
“Thanks for all the love & support. I loved my time in the ballroom & I'll love my next chapter too. Change is positive. Love you guys!” she added, after her microblogging site was flooded with messages from fans expressing their sadness at her being fired from the show.
Soon after, DWTS executives released an official statement, confirming the news.
"We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season," Conrad Green, executive producer of DWTS told Us Weekly in a statement. "She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
It is not yet sure if someone will replace Burke-Charvet.
DWTS seems to be going through a major shakeup, as this is the second time someone who has been with the show for long was let go. Earlier this month, the show’s music director Harold Wheeler, who had been with the show since Season one, and his band members, were fired from the show.
Reportedly, Wheeler and his band will be replaced with sound recordings and a small electric band to attract a younger demographic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan