'Heroes Reborn' 2015: NBC's 13-Part Series Revival Gets Mixed, Skeptical Reception
By Johnlee Varghese | February 23, 2014 7:04 PM EST
On Saturday night during the Olympic telecast, several viewers had a knee-jerk reaction when the NBC ran a promo for their upcoming TV series "Heroes Reborn". As the reality slowly sunk in that the NBC is planning to bring back "Heroes" (2006-10) as "Heroes Reborn" by 2015 in a 13-episode series, viewers started giving out mixed reactions.
Popular Series, Heroes that was cancelled in 2010 will make a return as Heroes Reborn
"Heroes" will make a return as "Heroes Reborn" with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm. However, details on the storyline and characters are currently being kept under wraps.
The original series that premiered in 2006 chronicles the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people, who discover they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded running into four seasons that lasted till 2010, viewers learn that the Heroes are part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world.
Rumor has it that the revival of "Heroes" by the NBC has a lot to do with Fox planning to bring back "24".
But there is much fear that "Heroes Reborn" may not be able to capture the audience the way "Heroes" did in its first season.
While "Heroes" first season had the audience in awe, one of the fatal flaws of the show - particularly in later seasons - was its inability to stick to one central idea, or at least one of any value.
"Heroes" by mid-season two had an increasingly convoluted plot where the viewers are treated with a Jerry Springer-style moral-of-the-story. But in reality, it felt like a lame attempt to hold the whole thing together, to give a meta narrative or deeper purpose to the whole mess.
While some of the audiences are thrilled about "Heroes Reborn", there are several doubts as well.
Here are some reactions on Twitter:
— John Derivan (@RooksGameCorner) February 23, 2014
#HeroesReborn !!!!! So excited. This is the best news since..................I cant think of anything. It's incomparable!!!!!! — Trixie (@_JagerQueen) February 23, 2014
— Chelsea (@CheloceanJK) February 23, 2014
Proving that nobody ever learns from their mistakes: #HeroesReborn. NBC what the actual hell are you doing. #NOPE — Katie Cullen (@Kiaxet) February 23, 2014
Wait. Seriously? #HeroesReborn? I have many feels. I loved the show. It just...it just started amazing and got worse and worse. Redemption?
— Damon (DAY-mun) (@siiilenttbob) February 23, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June