Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Final Day: Ice Hockey, Cross-Country and Bobsleigh Where to Watch Live
By Shruthi SU | February 23, 2014 6:37 PM EST
The last and final day of the Winter Games in Sochi will come to an end with the finals of ice hockey, cross-country men's mass start and the four-man bobsleigh.
Where to Watch Live
The final day of the Games is scheduled for an 11.30 pm local time (1.00 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE. Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Russia will try to steal the show in the cross-country men's event. However, Norway's defending champion Petter Northug will try to do what he knows best - win. Germany's Axel Teichmann, who won silver in Vancouver, will also look to make it through this time around.
In the four-man bobsleigh event also, the hosts look forward to making it to the podium for one last time in Sochi. Defending champion America's captain Steven Holcomb has new members in his team to take home gold once again.
Ice hockey promises to be the show-stealer on the day, with Canada and Sweden set to take on each other in the final. Everyone's looking forward to this one with fingers crossed. Can Canada recreate 2010 Vancouver? Or will Sweden come good, given that they have been so confident throughout the tournament?
Here's a full preview of the final match: Ice Hockey Final Canada vs Sweden
"It's the finals, so it's going to be the toughest game of the tournament," Swedish forward Daniel Sedin said. "They've been getting better each and every game like we have."
Canada's coach, Mike Babcock came out positively aggressive in favour of his team's prospects.
"It's about hockey supremacy. We like to brag that it's our game? If you think it's your game, you better show it's your game."
Hosts Russia lead the total medal count with 29 going in to the final day of Olympics. Russia along with Norway have 11 gold medals each while US have only 9. The United States stand second in the total medal tally with 27 medals soon followed by Norway with 26 in all. It's exciting to see which nation will take home the most number of medals at the end of Sunday.
What seems more exciting other than the Games themselves is the closing ceremony. The ice hockey final match will end with 1 hour to the final show. Here's what to expect in the much-anticipated performance of the day: Sochi 2014 Olympics Closing Ceremony
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best