Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Final Day: Ice Hockey, Cross-Country and Bobsleigh Where to Watch Live
By Shruthi SU | February 23, 2014 6:37 PM EST
The last and final day of the Winter Games in Sochi will come to an end with the finals of ice hockey, cross-country men's mass start and the four-man bobsleigh.
Where to Watch Live
The final day of the Games is scheduled for an 11.30 pm local time (1.00 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE. Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Russia will try to steal the show in the cross-country men's event. However, Norway's defending champion Petter Northug will try to do what he knows best - win. Germany's Axel Teichmann, who won silver in Vancouver, will also look to make it through this time around.
In the four-man bobsleigh event also, the hosts look forward to making it to the podium for one last time in Sochi. Defending champion America's captain Steven Holcomb has new members in his team to take home gold once again.
Ice hockey promises to be the show-stealer on the day, with Canada and Sweden set to take on each other in the final. Everyone's looking forward to this one with fingers crossed. Can Canada recreate 2010 Vancouver? Or will Sweden come good, given that they have been so confident throughout the tournament?
Here's a full preview of the final match: Ice Hockey Final Canada vs Sweden
"It's the finals, so it's going to be the toughest game of the tournament," Swedish forward Daniel Sedin said. "They've been getting better each and every game like we have."
Canada's coach, Mike Babcock came out positively aggressive in favour of his team's prospects.
"It's about hockey supremacy. We like to brag that it's our game? If you think it's your game, you better show it's your game."
Hosts Russia lead the total medal count with 29 going in to the final day of Olympics. Russia along with Norway have 11 gold medals each while US have only 9. The United States stand second in the total medal tally with 27 medals soon followed by Norway with 26 in all. It's exciting to see which nation will take home the most number of medals at the end of Sunday.
What seems more exciting other than the Games themselves is the closing ceremony. The ice hockey final match will end with 1 hour to the final show. Here's what to expect in the much-anticipated performance of the day: Sochi 2014 Olympics Closing Ceremony
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date