Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Final Day: Ice Hockey, Cross-Country and Bobsleigh Where to Watch Live
By Shruthi SU | February 23, 2014 6:37 PM EST
The last and final day of the Winter Games in Sochi will come to an end with the finals of ice hockey, cross-country men's mass start and the four-man bobsleigh.
Where to Watch Live
The final day of the Games is scheduled for an 11.30 pm local time (1.00 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE. Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Russia will try to steal the show in the cross-country men's event. However, Norway's defending champion Petter Northug will try to do what he knows best - win. Germany's Axel Teichmann, who won silver in Vancouver, will also look to make it through this time around.
In the four-man bobsleigh event also, the hosts look forward to making it to the podium for one last time in Sochi. Defending champion America's captain Steven Holcomb has new members in his team to take home gold once again.
Ice hockey promises to be the show-stealer on the day, with Canada and Sweden set to take on each other in the final. Everyone's looking forward to this one with fingers crossed. Can Canada recreate 2010 Vancouver? Or will Sweden come good, given that they have been so confident throughout the tournament?
Here's a full preview of the final match: Ice Hockey Final Canada vs Sweden
"It's the finals, so it's going to be the toughest game of the tournament," Swedish forward Daniel Sedin said. "They've been getting better each and every game like we have."
Canada's coach, Mike Babcock came out positively aggressive in favour of his team's prospects.
"It's about hockey supremacy. We like to brag that it's our game? If you think it's your game, you better show it's your game."
Hosts Russia lead the total medal count with 29 going in to the final day of Olympics. Russia along with Norway have 11 gold medals each while US have only 9. The United States stand second in the total medal tally with 27 medals soon followed by Norway with 26 in all. It's exciting to see which nation will take home the most number of medals at the end of Sunday.
What seems more exciting other than the Games themselves is the closing ceremony. The ice hockey final match will end with 1 hour to the final show. Here's what to expect in the much-anticipated performance of the day: Sochi 2014 Olympics Closing Ceremony
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open Round of 16: Grigor Dimitrov vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged