2014 12.9-inch Apple iPad Release Hits Market Soon as iPad 4 Re-enters: Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | February 23, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Apple's iPad series has been a success for many years. Despite the interest over the company's 12.9-inch iPad, recent reports indicate that Apple will be releasing the product following the launch of its iPad 4. The tech giant will focus more on the iPad 4 compared to the previously reported bigger tablet. As the tech giant prepares for the release of its new slate, what can people expect? Can the iPad 4 deliver?
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
According to Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities, Apple may be working on the refreshed line of iPad Air for 2014. The tech giant may delay the release of another iPad Mini and a 12.9-inch iPad Pro for 2015. The analyst predicted that the upcoming iPad will be featuring a Touch ID fingerprint sensor and A8 processor. Likewise, the analyst also noted that the Air will be the only slate under Apple for 2014.
The reason for the delay of the next tablets is Apple's move into concentrating resources under the Retina iPad Mini to the development of the 12.9-inch iPad. Kuo believes that the 12.9-inch iPad will be debuting late this year or early in 2015. The supply will also be limited. It appears Apple will be testing the device first to see how the market will be receiving it.
As noted in reports, Kuo indicated: "Compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models. We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9" iPad."
"As such, more resources will be allocated to these two products, which will affect the progress of the development of new iPad mini. All told, we think chances of the debut of a new iPad mini in 2H14 are slim. In addition, the 12.9" iPad is unlikely to be offered in 2014. For these reasons, we predict the only new iPad product in 2H14 will be the upgraded iPad Air."
Likewise, Apple Insider reported that Kuo added that the 12.9-inch iPad will be driving developers to product more interactive apps catering to devices with bigger screens. People will have to wait for Apple to confirm the release and specs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family