How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) Through Odin
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 23, 2014 12:40 PM EST
Do you want the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 (19500)? In just few steps it will be in your device already. Just follow these simple steps on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) through Odin.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (L) and Apple's iPhone 5 are seen in this file picture illustration taken in Seoul on May 13, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is bracing for its weakest smartphone profit growth in 2014 since 2007 as arch rival Apple Inc challenges its domination in China's $80 billion market. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
Before starting the installation process, it is recommended to perform a back-up first. Also, proceed only at your own risk as the IBT media is not responsible for any damages incurred during the process.
1 - First download the Android 4.4.2 XXUFNB3 software for Galaxy S4 I9500 from the Samsung flashing application Odin.
2 - Turn off your device then boot Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) into download condition by long pressing the Volume.
3 - Press Down + Home + Power Buttons until you see the boot screen then press Volume Up key to continue to Download Mode.
4 - Next extract the Odin 3.07 .zip file you downloaded by right clicking and pressing Run as administrator.
5 - Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) to your computer using USB cable. In the Odin3 screen, if there is a message that pop up showing a COM Port number like "0:[COM7]" at ID:COM section and "Added!" text, this denotes that your phone is detected already.
6 - Ascertain that the only ones checked are the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options. Then extract the downloaded firmware .zip file, and then you'll see a software file having .tar.md5.
7 - Next click the PDA button in the Odin screen then choose the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension that looks like this (I9500XXDLJ5_I9500ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5).
8 - After that, press the Start Button to start the installation, which may take some time. You would see "PASS" message in the ID:COM port with green background when the installation is done. Then your phone will reboot itself after it is finished. If this happens already disconnect your phone from your computer.
Then you're successfully done! You have the latest version of the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report