Samsung Galaxy S5 Confirmed Specs for February 24: Samsung Adds Fingerprint Sensor, Quad-HD Display and More to Trump iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | February 23, 2014 12:38 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 will be just around the corner. There have been countless leaks and reports offering insight on what people should expect from the upcoming flagship phone. Recent information provides a peek into the user interface and display specifications of the device. The Galaxy S5 will also reportedly feature a fingerprint sensor, quad HD display and two processors to trump Apple's upcoming iPhone 6.
Craig Federighi, Apple Inc. Senior Vice President of Software Engineering speaks on stage during an Apple event in San Francisco, California. Reuters
Here is one last look at what Samsung might have in store before the official release of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
According to a report by NDTV, the latest leaked screenshot shows the "About" section under "Quick System Info Pro." Likewise, the screenshot also hints at the display to be featured on the Galaxy S5. Leaked information previously claimed that Samsung will be including a quad HD display on its flagship phone. The screen will span 5.2 inches offering 560ppi and a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels.
Despite the reports of two Galaxy S5 variants, the more interesting question now is what type of screen resolution Samsung is planning. The recent display leak has been credited to the close source to Samsung according to samsunggalaxys5abonnement website.
Nonetheless, the screenshot only shows what the Galaxy S5 display will look like. It does not provide further details on what features the flagship phone will have. Along with the new display leak, the Korea Herald also reported that Samsung plans to release the S5 without bezels.
For a look at the screenshot, click here.
The Korean tech giant will use a single layer panel technology instead of the usual four layers like other smartphones. The new panel technology will allow the company to trim the depth of the screen. This allows for a slimmer design frame including a bezel-free look. Some analysts expressed their corners about the bezel-free design. This can render the smartphone more vulnerable to impact.
Other reported features of the device include Super AMOLED display, 2.5GHz quad-core processor, 20MP primary camera, 2MP front camera and 3GB RAM. People will have to wait for the February 24 event to know the final details of the device. Samsung is getting a good lead ahead of Apple as the Cupertino-based company will release the iPhone 6 later in the year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points