Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date: Online Pre-Order for Flagship Smartphone Cases Opens
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 23, 2014 12:57 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is yet to be released but its cases have hit online. Spigen cases of the flagship smartphone are available for pre-order on Amazon website.
Screenshot from KDB Daewoo Sec
iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5
Spigen cases are now opened for order but the stock will be available only 15 April 2014, hinting that the much-awaited device would hit the stores after more than a month of its launch.
The description of the cases also suggested that the next-generation smartphone will come in two variants - Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Prime.
"[Non-Slip] Spigen Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Slim **NEW Release** [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium Protection SF Coated Non-Slip Matte Hard Case for Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Prime (2014) - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Smooth Black (SGP10731)," reads the description.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to be released on Monday at its Mobile World Congress (MWC) event in Barcelona. It had sent out press invite, titled "UNPACKED 5", giving a strong hint that the device would be released at the event.
South Korean's flagship smartphone is expected to have features like water and dust proof technology, Ultra Violet coating, multi-hovering technology and head-tracking gesture control, fingerprint sensor, 2.5Ghz Snapdragon805 (main) or 2.0Ghz Octa-core Exynos6 (64-bit), 5.2 or 5.25-inch AMOLED display, and several others. It is also expected to run on Android v4.4 KitKat OS and have TouchWiz UI.
The world's smartphone leader has not revealed specifications of its upcoming smartphone but the speculated features are expected to be seen when it is launched as was in the case of its predecessors.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists