Sochi 2014 Olympics Closing Ceremony Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live Final Show of Winter Event
By Shruthi SU | February 23, 2014 12:33 AM EST
In a breathtaking setting, memories will be made for one last time on February 23rd in Sochi as yet another Winter Olympics comes to a close and athletes proudly march down bearing their national flags.
Where to Watch Live
The closing ceremony is scheduled for an 8 pm local time (9.30 pm IST, 11 am ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. It is not certain if the ceremony will be live streamed online by Starsports.com. In the US the coverage will be on NBC, but there will be no live coverage, just like the opening ceremony, with the broadcaster preferring to wait until primetime (8.30 pm ET) to telecast the show. The streaming options are HERE, HERE and HERE. Catch the action in the UK HERE, HERE or HERE, while Australia viewers can live stream the ceremony HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the Games HERE. The closing ceremony will be broadcast live on CBC in Canada with the live streaming option HERE.
The closing ceremony is a much-anticipated event that will pass on the Olympic tradition to Pyeongchang, South Korea where the next Games will be held in 2018.
Russia has set high standards in terms of facilities and infrastructure at the Games village. Not every nation might be able to spend a luxurious $50bn on the Games, however, there will be attempts in the future to surpass the standards. The real boost to Sochi came from the athletes themselves who put in their 100 percent to add credit to their countries.
The opening ceremony was everything that takes to be called spectacular and the closing ceremony will try to better the spectacle. The only glitch came in when the 5th ring failed to light up at the ceremony which has now been taken care of. Everything has been planned way before the closing day and it promises to end with a punch.
The athletes will parade at the Fisht Olympic Stadium and the audience will get to see their favourites in close quarters for the last time this season. Each nation will have its own flag bearer and America's prided former tennis player Billie Jean King will do the honours for the country as reported by New York Times.
Korea welcomes the Olympics through this musical peace put together by Soprano Jo Sumi, jazz vocalist Na Yoon Sun, musician Lee Seung Chul, and pianist Yang Bang Eon, according to Yahoo Singapore.
All eyes will be on Audrey Alcazar, a Filipino figure skater, who will be in the middle to perform in the cultural event. Many Russian artists will also be performing to make the show a grand success.
Though the Olympic spirit will be held aloft, the flame will be set off at the end of the closing ceremony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports