Sochi 2014 Olympics Closing Ceremony Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live Final Show of Winter Event
By Shruthi SU | February 23, 2014 12:33 AM EST
In a breathtaking setting, memories will be made for one last time on February 23rd in Sochi as yet another Winter Olympics comes to a close and athletes proudly march down bearing their national flags.
Where to Watch Live
The closing ceremony is scheduled for an 8 pm local time (9.30 pm IST, 11 am ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. It is not certain if the ceremony will be live streamed online by Starsports.com. In the US the coverage will be on NBC, but there will be no live coverage, just like the opening ceremony, with the broadcaster preferring to wait until primetime (8.30 pm ET) to telecast the show. The streaming options are HERE, HERE and HERE. Catch the action in the UK HERE, HERE or HERE, while Australia viewers can live stream the ceremony HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the Games HERE. The closing ceremony will be broadcast live on CBC in Canada with the live streaming option HERE.
The closing ceremony is a much-anticipated event that will pass on the Olympic tradition to Pyeongchang, South Korea where the next Games will be held in 2018.
Russia has set high standards in terms of facilities and infrastructure at the Games village. Not every nation might be able to spend a luxurious $50bn on the Games, however, there will be attempts in the future to surpass the standards. The real boost to Sochi came from the athletes themselves who put in their 100 percent to add credit to their countries.
The opening ceremony was everything that takes to be called spectacular and the closing ceremony will try to better the spectacle. The only glitch came in when the 5th ring failed to light up at the ceremony which has now been taken care of. Everything has been planned way before the closing day and it promises to end with a punch.
The athletes will parade at the Fisht Olympic Stadium and the audience will get to see their favourites in close quarters for the last time this season. Each nation will have its own flag bearer and America's prided former tennis player Billie Jean King will do the honours for the country as reported by New York Times.
Korea welcomes the Olympics through this musical peace put together by Soprano Jo Sumi, jazz vocalist Na Yoon Sun, musician Lee Seung Chul, and pianist Yang Bang Eon, according to Yahoo Singapore.
All eyes will be on Audrey Alcazar, a Filipino figure skater, who will be in the middle to perform in the cultural event. Many Russian artists will also be performing to make the show a grand success.
Though the Olympic spirit will be held aloft, the flame will be set off at the end of the closing ceremony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around